By Pavel Ahafonau
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Deep Whois is the most complete and advanced WHOIS app. The tool lets you lookup info in ALL WHOIS databases for ALL hostnames, domains, TLDs, web sites, IDNs, IP addresses (both IPv4 and IPv6), IP network ranges and autonomous systems (ASNs, ISP IDs).
Deep Whois works out of the box and finds ownership, country and more info about everything with no need to mess with complex options and server selection.
- WHOIS domains, IP addresses, ranges, IDNs and ASNs
- Supports ALL domain zones, TLDs, IDNs known to date
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and networks
- Support ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, LACNIC, AFRINIC and referral servers
- Automatic selection of WHOIS servers
- Digging WHOIS records from referrals
- Result history for all lookups
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail WHOIS results
P.S. If you’d like to dig even more info about an IP, a web site or a Wi-Fi network, have a look at our allmighty Scany app.
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
· Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner
What's New in Version 1.9.11
- compatible with latest iOS and new devices
- 64-bit support and major code cleanup in preparation for bigger updates
- improvements and bug fixes, including:
○ improved Whois tool
· supports Whois trace across a server chain via the "+trace" option in query
· supports custom Whois server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options
· supports many new TLD, IDN, SLD zones
○ improved Whois subsystem with 418 new zones
· 382 new top level domain (TLD) zones supported
· 24 new internationalized domain name (IDN) zones supported
· 36 new second level domain (SLD) zones supported
· IDN/ACE zone name displayed in results for IDN domains
· trims extra new lines at beginning and end of Whois results
○ improved Network Info tool with current DNS servers list
○ updated IP to country database
○ full support of native screen resolutions of new devices
○ new icons optimized for new iOS and new devices
○ improved memory efficiency
If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via support form on our website.
Works great. Robust Whois across continents
So much better than command lines and web sites. Seems like magic and finds Whois info for IPs based on 6 continents (haven't had need for Antarctica, yet). Always seems to know the right source and doesn't come up empty. Fast too.
I look forward to an extension or URL scheme so I can even more deeply integrate this app into productivity flows with "IFTTT" and "Workflow" apps.
Rather than use Whois apps from different providers (Ripe which is really lousy, etc) this consolidates all so when my network is being attacked, I can quickly query who the attacker is.
Great Handy App
Works great and has been coming very handy to test and verify server and ip information. Glad I decided to check it out and download it. It's been the best of any I've tried.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 1.9.11
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2016 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.