By Terrence Katzenbaer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Searching takes flight!
Define: is perfect for word games, like Scrabble and Word With Friends*!
Beautiful and intuitive interface!
Search up random words and you'll be amazed at the definitions, pronunciations, and Wiktionary/Wikipedia articles it finds!
Great for dinner parties to show off to your friends just how big your vocabulary is!
Completely redesigned and optimized for iPhone 5 & iPad:
- iPhone 5 (Retina 4") & iOS 6 support
- iPad-unique layout!
★ Redesigned Module View ★
- Asynchronous, background module downloading
- Preview View is populated with images and content from modules
★ Touch-based navigation ★
- Dismiss modules by simply swiping down (on iPhone/iPod touch) and tapping outside (on iPad)!
- Return to the main screen by simply swiping on the navigation bar!
★ My Define: ★
- Word of the Month
- Quickly see news about the app, including any updates or notices.
And of course, Define: still has the features you've known to love...
★ Good of the Old ★
- Define: any word and get instant results with verbal pronunciation and easy-to-read syllable segments!
- Define: saves all of your past searches so you can quickly and easily remember what you looked up!
- SPEAK to Define: with the built-in Voice Dictation feature on the iPhone 4S! Simply press the icon on your keyboard, or hold the phone up to your head when the keyboard's open and Voice Dictation will transcribe the word! No need to know how to spell it!
- Apple Dictionary, Urban Dictionary, and IMDb! Easily view the sources you want to see and easily turn off the ones you don't want in the Settings!
- More modules (in addition to Wiktionary, Wikipedia, and IMDb) coming soon!
* Terrence Katzenbaer, Lytenight, and Define: are not affiliated with Scrabble, Hasbro, Word With Friends, Zynga.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- Fixed a bug where featured words displayed incomplete definitions or pronunciations when searched.
Smartest, quickest, easiest
One of the best dictionary apps available in the App Store, and that's coming from someone who's used some of the best there is! The only thing I can complain about the interface. Something a little cleaner would be wonderful. Otherwise, near perfect. Thanks, this one's a keeper!
Awesome!! It's well worth it.
I like that it pronounces the words for you.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 27, 2013
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Terrence Katzenbaer
- © 2011-2014 Terrence Katzenbaer / Lytenight
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.