For more than forty years, the single-best guide for learning how to become a master clinical diagnostician. Now it’s portable! Study between classes, on the way to school or work, or anytime in between with this handy app.
As a stand-alone resource or used in conjunction with the popular textbook, the DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination Flashcards app is unmatched in its ability to help you logically assess symptoms and physical signs to facilitate development of reasonable, testable, diagnostic hypotheses. With each flashcard built around a common patient complaint or physical finding illustrated by a clinical vignette, you will have the opportunity to apply textbook knowledge to real world situations, driving the point home.
Designed as a practical bedside guide to assist diagnosis, DeGowin’s is organized into thirteen medical topics:
· Vital Signs, Anthropometric Data, and Pain
· Nonregional Systems and Diseases
· The Skin and Nails
· The Head and Neck
· The Chest, Chest Wall, Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Systems, The Breasts
· The Abdomen, Perineum, Anus, and Rectosigmoid
· The Urinary System
· The Female Genitalia and Reproductive System
· The Male Genitalia and Reproductive System
· The Spine, Pelvis, and Extremities
· The Nervous System
· The Mental Status, Psychiatric and Social Evaluations
· The Preoperative Evaluation
Free initial download provides 36 flashcards and detailed explanations in the first three categories. Purchase the in-app upgrade to unlock over 200 diagnostic flashcards for a comprehensive, effective review of all thirteen topics.
Customize your study time by sorting questions into three boxes - unknown, known, and mastered. This time-tested Leitner study method allows you to optimize your efforts by identifying areas of strength and weakness.
A critical tool for busy students and clinicians on the go, DeGowin’s effectively presents fundamental diagnostic principles in a clinical setting, making it a must-have resource.
About the Authors:
Richard LeBlond, MD (Iowa City, Iowa) runs the Primary Care Clinic at the University of Iowa and is Professor of Medicine. He is nationally known for his expert diagnostic skills.
Donald Brown, MD (Iowa City, Iowa) is Professor of Medicine at the University of Iowa.
Manish Suneja, MD (Iowa City, Iowa) is Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine.
Joseph F. Szot, MD (Iowa City, Iowa) is Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine.
Have a question or would like to share your feedback? Please send us an email at: McGraw-Hill.Education@gwhizmobile.com
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
- gWhiz, LLC
- 12.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2016 by McGraw-Hill Education.
- In-App Purchases
- DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination Flashcards Expansion Pack $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.