From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Delaware Online app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($8.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.delawareonline.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• New in-app alerts let you know when there's a story we don't want you to miss: Look for the blue alerts bar within the app, similar to our existing Breaking News alerts (in red).
• As usual, we're always adding performance improvements and removing bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Lack of balance
Paper has become a rag that is so biased it provides no believable news about the true political reality we live within.
Constant and pathetic hammering of our President and everything that does not fit the liberal narrative is boring and unhelpful to our American way of life.
I buy it for the comics and the crossword puzzle and use it only to cleanup after our dog has an accident. Certainly not to become informed, since that objective has long disappeared.
The app is fine for accessing news stories if you are already a subscriber to The News Journal. But I had to turn off ALL notifications. I would LIKE to get breaking news alerts, but to Delaware Online “breaking news” means pushing out random articles from today’s news cycle about every 90 minutes. Really irritating.
No search function
Compared to other newspaper apps this is terrible. Hard to find articles. No search function. Difficult to differentiate between the latest news and stuff that's a couple days old. This shouldn't be so hard come on let's get it together!
- 233.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The News Journal Digital Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.