DeLoraen Time Circuit
By Atoll Ordenadores
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application emulates the Time Circuit Panel, similar to installed into the DeLorean Time Machine, an invention of Doc Brown, the key character of one of the best movies of 80th (you know, which one - "Back To The Future").
It's not just a mock-up, but a functional timer device. "Present Time" displays the current system time of your iPhone or iPod (could be a nice stylish digital clock for your car), "Last Time Departed" is the time when you started the application for a last time.
"Destination Time" is the time when the application will give a signal - electronic alarm sound.
On iPhone, you can enable the "88MPH Time Travel Simulation" option. After that application uses the built-in GPS to check your current speed. When it reaches 88 MPH application plays some sounds and switching the "Present Time" to your "Destination" - like you just jumped over the time. Application "come back" automatically after several seconds.
Please note and take this VERY SERIOUS -speed of 88 MPH is ILLEGAL on the MOST of the public roads. Double check this before your experiments and always keep the safety.
This feature will not work well on iPods and not-3G iPads - the real hardware GPS chip is required.
On the "Time Distance" screen you can see the number of seconds, minutes, hours, days and weeks between Present and Destination time. This screen is available by tapping the "DIST" label.
You can change the "Destination TIme" by tapping the screen slightly above or slightly below the digits. Keypad to enter the Destination time available on tap on the Destionation time numbers. Enter "05" for March, "06" for June, etc. "0" and "1" sets the AM/PM time.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality, there is a big chance they will be implemented in next release. Please forward your requests to email@example.com email address.
What's New in Version 3.1
- New startup and date setting sound;
- 88 MPH time travel simulation option;
- Keypad to enter the Destination time available on tap on the Destionation time numbers. Enter "05" for March, "06" for June, etc. "0" and "1" sets the AM/PM time.
- New screen, showing the time distance between Destination and Present time.
- "Right landscape" mode support - now you can have the power cord on right side while driving;
- Added an option to respond on iPhone vibration. Could be fun if you driving over the bumps;
- Added "beep" sound on "Destination Time" changing;
- Made possible to listen music, if iPod.app playing it in background;
- Alarm Clock mode;
- Thunder and lightning effects;
- Added alert vibration (not available on iPod Touch);
- Added the settings screen (tap "SET" label in the lower left screen corner);
- An option to remember the "Destination Time" on program exit;
- An option to disable the device sleep mode;
Love this app. Might have it running on the dash of my car on a big road trip coming up. I would like to see the second dots flash like in the movie and the sounds as you update the date and time. Maybe even the startup sound from the movie. That would make this the best App ever.
Back to the future
It's cool but what about the flux copasiter app that was the coolest app ever and the time circuit app. The buttons are so small and put the flux copasiter in the app that would make it better and the buttons should be bigger and easy so please make it better.
Still don't know why the Flux Capacitor App. Was shut down! Awesome app. This one isn't bad...the alarm is awesome and of you use it at the same time each day you only have to set once and keep it open. The destination time is tricky to enter but once you get use to it, it's not bad! They definitely need to UPDATE it though!;))
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 18, 2010
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vitalijs Lennojs
- © Atoll Ordenadores, 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.