Denied sees what you're playing in Spotify and Apple Music (iTunes) and automatically skips songs that you dislike.
Tracks can be skipped by their artist, title, album, whether they contain explicit lyrics*, or if you’ve heard them before in the past few hours.
Denied allows you to truly enjoy Top 40 playlists, the Christmas season, Spotify Radio and iTunes Radio.
Works with the Spotify desktop app and iTunes.
As seen on the internet
"That’s where Denied comes in. With a few clicks, you can banish your least-favorite songs or bands from earshot for good."
"Spotify is awesome, but it has one problem. When you're listening to compilations or radio, you sometimes come across artists you hate. Denied fixes that by creating simple rules."
"Fortunately you can now download a nifty little app to prevent unwanted artists sneaking into your speakers."
• Create rules to skip songs by their title, artist or album.
• Specify match criteria: starts with, ends with, contains or equals to.
• Skip songs that contain explicit lyrics.
• Skip songs that you've heard before in the past few hours.
• Skip songs that you've marked as 'disliked' in iTunes (and thus Apple Music).
• See which song is currently playing and..
• Add rules straight from the Now Playing information.
• Optionally display notifications when a song is skipped.
• Import and export rules, allowing you to download pre-made rule lists and share your own rules with your friends.
• Works with the Spotify desktop app and Apple Music (iTunes).
• You'll need a distaste for certain bands, songs or albums, explicit lyrics or repeating songs.
* Skipping explicit songs requires an internet connection and that the song is available in Spotify's music library (but works with Spotify and iTunes).
Obviously nobody in their right mind would skip a song by Futurecop! or Power Glove. That album art is just too awesome though.
Version 1.5 is a huge update! Here's what's included:
• Support for the newly announced Dark Mode and accent colors!
• Automatically skipping songs that have been marked as 'disliked' in iTunes (and thus Apple Music).
Version 1.5.1 fixes a bug that prevented Denied from asking permission to check which song you're playing.
If you're enjoying Denied, consider leaving a review. Reviews really help others discover Denied as well. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Only one problem...
… you might actually end up listening to Nickelback while you are setting it up and testing it, by accident. Even a little exposure might be too much.
I will use it with iTunes radio, and it will make it better.
NO MORE FETTY WAP FINALLY
FINALLY. I can skip Fetty Wap. Finally. I’m going to cry.
Learn to Love Spotify Again!
I listen to Spotify all the time while working…AND I WORK A LOT! Spotify has a great variety of music, however, they have no concern about over-playing a song. This is common if you are listening to a radio station or a playlist and even more common if your session is interrupted and you must push play on the station again. Spotify will play as if you were never listening to it.
Denied sits up in my toolbar and notifies me when it skips a song because I’ve heard it recently. I have it set to the max 72 hours so I get the most variety. Denied notifies me often because Spotify is trying to play a song I’ve recently heard all the time.
The end result is that I get to hear the “other songs” from my favorites artists…not just the most popular songs. Yes, this should be spotify that provides this service, but until that day comes Spotify will get “Denied” and I will enjoy listening while working.
Thanks for the simple, but effective app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.