This app is for PHYSICIANS (and nurses, NP's, PA's, residents, students, pharmacists, and the like), not the general public.
Layperson patients, get your medical advice from your physician and your medical office, NOT this app.
Depo calendar is an app written for clinicians of patients who use Depo-Provera for contraception. Depo should be received every 3 months (13 weeks). The user of this app enters the date of the previous Depo injection to see the date 13 weeks later when the patient is due. As many practices have varying windows of time when a patient could and should receive her next injection (11-13, 12-14, 13-15, and more), I also offer dates for when 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 weeks arrive after the last injection, plus the time from the last injection to the current time (or any date). I also cite the evidence on what that injection window should be. This app answers the following questions:
- how long has it been since the last Depo injection?
- when does 13 weeks from last injection occur?
- when do 11, 12, 14, and 15 weeks arrive as well?
- how early before the recommended 13 week target can the next injection be given?
- how late after the 13 week target can the next injection be given?
As an educator and clinician myself, I am grateful for feedback. Email me via the contact email at my website.
Now you can see when the patient reaches 11 weeks from the last Depo shot, as well as 12, 13, 14, and 15 weeks.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you so much Dr. Steinberg for creating this app! It will make part of our job ( as nurses ) a bit easier. This app is educational & functional ~ I highly recommend this and look forward to more apps.
Can you fix the calendar? It doesn't align to the appropriate date and you have to guess and play with it to align it right to get the appropriate projected next shot date.
- Joshua D. steinberg
- 438.3 KB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Joshua Steinberg MD and HeeRak Kang MSIII
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.