Looking up the article ('der', 'die' or 'das') of a German word has never been easier. Just type the first few letters of a word and see the article immediately.
Besides the quick lookup of the articles form a dictionary of more than 17000 words, the app will help you in learning (memorizing) the articles in two ways:
* Add to favorites the words for which you want to memorize the articles the most.
* Play a game to select/guess the articles of random words.
The app also contains a most complete summary of rules and guidelines for determining the articles of German nouns.
* User interface improvements
* It is now possible to select the number of words in the game
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to have offline english meaning
It shouldn't be dependent on Wifi, that makes it inconvenient for on the go learning. There also needs to be a definition somewhere because learning in a vacuum already makes a hard subject impossible if I can't mame connections.
No Plurals & no definitions
1. First there are no plurals within the app. Knowing the article plural wether it changes Gender or stays the same but changes ending is important to know.
2. the in app dictionary is top cumbersome. There is a way to change the language to English to see the definition but it has to be Reset each time I believe.
3. the developer hasn’t updated in a year so this is probably falling on def ears.
Excellent app for anyone looking to learn German
A must have app for anyone looking to learn German
- L Mikusiak
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lubos Mikusiak
- In-App Purchases
- Game with Favorites $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.