DER SPIEGEL in English
By SPIEGEL ONLINE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to DER SPIEGEL in English! This app allows you to read highlights from Europe's largest newsmagazine on your iPhone or iPod Touch!
The DER SPIEGEL in English app features stories from Germany's most influential news publication, covering European, German and global issues - all tailored for our readers around the world.
This is what you get:
- News and features from DER SPIEGEL magazine and SPIEGEL ONLINE in an advertising-free environment;
- Reports from DER SPIEGEL journalists across Germany and correspondents in 20 international bureaus in Europe and around the world.
The app is available for download free of charge, but access to articles requires the purchase of a six-month subscription, which will then be automatically renewed. The subscription process is conducted within the app itself. You can manage and cancel your subscription via your iTunes Account
In this new version, we have revamped the navigation, moving the menu to the top corner on the right of your screen. We have made design changes in accordance with recent iOS recommendations and optimized the app for the screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+. You can now share articles via more social media and messaging apps, most notably WhatsApp. If you enable push notifications, we will send you news alerts about major stories.
Our app now supports the pull-to-refresh gesture which you can use to reload a page. You can navigate back by swiping to the right from your phone’s left margin (back swipe).
Our app also gives you mobile access to our full archive using the search function. Our Pack&Go function enables you to quickly download articles and read them offline later, even if you have no access to a mobile network or WiFi.
Additional information about subscription conditions and pricing:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
- You can manage your subscription via your iTunes Account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
You can send us any feedback on the app by emailing email@example.com. We are unable to respond to your postings in the App Store. For more detailed information about the app, please see http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,795785,00.html
We hope you enjoy using our app. Thanks for your support.
The Editors of DER SPIEGEL in English
What's New in Version 2.0
• Design changes according to new iOS guidelines, iPhone 6 optimization
• New navigation
• Push notifications
No updated information
News has not been updated in at least three days. I was going to delete the app and reinstall it to see it it would pick up new information, but it says I will lose my data. Not sure if that affects my subscription, though.
Finally updated to support iOS 8 on iPhone 6. Thank you, Der Spiegel!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: SPIEGEL ONLINE GmbH
- © SPIEGEL ONLINE 2011-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- DER SPIEGEL in English$2.99