Search, study, and listen to the entire Deseret Book library with this powerful app. Deseret Bookshelf has been completely redesigned, making it the most comprehensive LDS audiobook player and eBook reader available.
Start with 8 free eBooks and access to over 200 other free titles. Then you can either purchase individual ebooks, talks and audiobooks OR subscribe to Bookshelf PLUS and access the entire audiobook library and over 1500 ebooks and talks.
● Get recommendations on audiobooks and eBooks.
● Find plenty of free titles, ready for you to enjoy.
● Download an audiobook or eBook with a single tap.
● Add titles to your digital wishlist
● View the items you last opened on any of your synced devices.
● Listen to over 700 audiobooks and talks.
● Navigate between chapters and fast-forward or rewind by 30 seconds.
● Select Normal, Night, or Sepia reading modes.
● Customize fonts, font size, and line spacing.
● Switch between Page-view and scroll-view options.
● Switch between several open eBooks with tabbed reading.
● Save and restore study sessions with several items open at once.
● Access and back-up your notes, highlights, and bookmarks across devices.
● Search the entire Deseret Book digital library (over 6,000,000 pages) in seconds.
● Narrow your search through your personal library, the standard works, a conference session, or a single book.
● Find exact phrases, any, or all search terms.
● Easily switch between your library and search results
● Access thousands of quotes in our quote vault which you can find by author, topic, or source.
● Get a spiritual thought or to help you begin your day right.
● Mark favorite quotes and add them to the vault.
● Find the source of favorite quotes, and explore the content more deeply.
● Receive daily inspiration with a new quote delivered to your device. Set a reminder on a daily or weekly basis.
● Easily share favorite passages with anyone through email, Facebook, and Twitter with image quotes.
● Tell your networks what books and authors you’re reading
Download the app and create an account to receive 8 free classic LDS titles, plus a free audiobook:
1) Increase in Learning - David A. Bednar
2) Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clayton M. Christensen
3) Beginning of Better Days - Sheri Dew, Virginia Pearce
4) Be Your Best Self - Thomas S. Monson
5) Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
6) Lectures on Faith - Joseph Smith
7) Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
8) Gospel Doctrine - Joseph F. Smith
Plus the entire Standard Works, LDS lesson manuals, and General Conference talks. LDS scripture references within eBooks are linked to the entire standard works, allowing you to easily explore scriptural connections within your library.
PLUS your choice of the following audio:
● Recovering Charles
● Joseph Smith, The Early Years
● Jesus of Nazareth, Volume 1
Shop our eBook store for over 3,000 LDS eBook titles and other world classics from your favorite authors. Shop our audio store for over 500 titles. Download many official Church publications for free, including curriculum materials and reference books.
Bookshelf PLUS includes access to every single Deseret Audiobook and over 1500 ebooks and talks.
Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This version fixes various crashes reported by users of the application.
Ratings and Reviews
Comparing different book apps and selections
As I’ve become more of a tech user in books and less of a television watcher in my illness, I’ve subscribed to many different audible and reader applications.... when you found this app available, I nearly immediately turned off and cancelled every other subscription and app for books and audiobooks.
This selection of not only gospel and spiritual books and audiobooks is remarkable. It would take endless time to read everything available on that subject alone plus all the new books that become available over the months.
It also has a hugely exciting and endless supply of fiction, nonfiction autobiographical books, and children’s books and historical fictional books like “ the work and the glory” type series. And historically accurate books to read and listen to.
I love having this available to read or to play while painting, driving, cleaning, cooking or anything else I might be doing during the day. Thank you Deseret Book and I HIGHLY recommend this over any other book reading, audiobook app!
Some things could be more streamlined but the selection and diverse availability of how one can take advantage of it by listening and or read! 5stars A’s an overall review😀
I use it everyday.
I am only giving the app 3 stars because although it has great content, there are a couple of small things that if they fixed as far as function it would be nearly perfect.
First, they need a “report a problem” option for each book. I mostly use the audio option and many, many times have had problems with chapters being out of order or completely missing. Also, sound will go missing in sections. The worst is when the audio is stuck at double speed making it nearly impossible to understand what the reader is saying. If I could report the problem for the specific book I’m listening to for the app, it would be helpful to all that are using the app.
Secondly, the search option in the app is dismally inadequate. I would love to be able to search the complete plus audio library for the specific genres I’m looking for. Not an option. I have to weed through dozens of titles to find one I haven’t heard or am interested in.
I do love the service, and like I said, I use it everyday. With these two minor fixes, it would be 5 star for sure.
Love DB+, app could use some work
Let me start by saying this is so much better than the Netflix sub I was thinking about buying. Having such a huge library of gospel knowledge to read or listen to is awesome, and I would recommend this app as well as the DB+ subscription to anyone.
That said, this is a review of the app, not the service it connects to. Overall it’s not bad, but a few things could be streamlined. Specifically, I’ve noticed that the “back” buttons move around a lot: if you are in one of the sections within the discover tab, and you open a book, the book has to be closed from the top right, but then the category has to be closed from the top left. Also, it would be nice if touching the tab you’re already in took you back to the beginning of that tab. Lastly, I would love to see a “now playing” more easily accessible.
Like I said, none of this would stop me from recommending the app to anyone, but there are just a few things that could make using the app feel more natural. Keep up the great work!
- Deseret Book Digital
- 137.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Deseret Book Company
- In-App Purchases
- Bookshelf Plus Meme Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.