By Crowdstar Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Love home decorating? Play Design Home today - a relaxing, fun game that allows you to live the life of an interior decorator. Sharpen your decorating skills in daily Design Challenges and style visually stunning three-dimensional spaces with access to real, high-end furniture and decor brands. It’s quick, it’s fun and you can connect with a vibrant creative community while learning about diverse décor styles - thus improving your design skills and gaining inspiration that you can even apply in your real life.
* Relax through play and express your creativity in daily Design Challenges.
* Unlock rewards as you polish your amazing abilities as an interior decorator.
* Play with real life, high-end brands as you learn about different interior design styles.
* Vote on your favorite rooms from a vibrant, creative community.
* Share your creativity and borrow furnishings from your friends when you connect to Facebook.
Love the items in your favorite room? You can shop for them directly through Design Home! Click any piece you love and buy it for your own home. With new pieces added every day, Design Home literally puts the best home décor (alternative: furnishings) directly at your fingertips. Not only can you discover brands and trends, you can own them, too!
What's New in Version 1.03.30
* Visual enhancements for even more lifelike designs.
* New furniture and decor from Wisteria!
* More than 6,000 unique items. More every day.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Addictive and beautiful graphics, but...
Started this game about a week ago and was instantly hooked. Beautiful furniture, rooms, and huge inventory to choose from. It's very relaxing to sit down on a break and design a room. However, I too have to echo what has been mentioned before:
1. Many of the "winners" aren't being selected for the actual criteria listed. If I was a customer that wanted a specific style i.e. Rustic and I walk into a completely opposite direction of design like a contemporary style I'd be upset. What's the point of even having a specific challenge when others will just do their own thing. Not very fair to the ones actually designing for the specific style this challenge states.
2. Again, with the challenges not being specific to needs met--I recognize that it is difficult to buy anything the challenge requires if you're only limited to a few hundred diamonds per day, or having to vote so many times to get the allotted amount of keys, and with the daily challenge only $2500. Great idea, don't get me wrong, just a little refining and I'm sure the developer will get it right.
3. More daily challenges?? More challenges throughout the day!! Please. I hate waiting an entire day for votes/voting without working on my own project. Maybe don't wait so many days between designing and voting?
I only write this review because this game is fun, addictive, and I really hope they can refine some of these mentioned features.
Good, could be great
The actual app is actually fairly entertaining (for those who enjoy design); however, as with most, there is room for improvement. The furniture and other items are really quite expensive, and it’s difficult to create a good design without paying real money for extra “diamonds” — especially if one chooses to enter more than just the daily challenge. There are times I will have to collect the daily reward but skip entering the challenge, so I can save up enough diamonds. They do offer free diamonds through Tapjoy, but more than 1/2 the time, you don’t get the reward for the action.
I think my only other issue is that it does seem a little gender biased. All challenges are determined by user ratings, and I’ve noticed there’s a strong preference toward girly/frilly/flowery designs. As a guy, I like more sleek, modern, monotone (or at least black/white/gray) and industrial, and those don’t get more than 4 stars except for a few key exceptions (mainly when the room is very contemporary and requires a modern design — there are often requirements for challenges). I guess since it is an interior design app, it does make sense that the majority of the users would be females, which is disappointingly stereotypical.
All in all it’s a fun app. If one doesn’t mind in-app purchases, it’s a great app. I just have a very hard time justifying paying for apps or in-app options.
My Dream Job
I love this app and the design decor to select from. I would have given it a 5 star rating but their 3rd party company, TapJoy is a rip-off. I’ve used them several times to earn diamonds by taking extremely long surveys, and even signed up for services that I have to pay for, but they still won’t give me the Diamonds I am due. You can’t complain to Design Home because they say they have nothing to do with the 3rd party company, TapJoy. When you file a complaint with TapJoy they say they have to verify your results before they can give you the Diamonds. After waiting a few weeks and you still don’t receive the Diamonds, if you try to report your missing Diamonds again they reply back saying you have already reported the missing Diamonds and disregard your follow up request. I live on a fixed income so I can’t purchase diamonds from the Design Home store, so I try to earn them. TapJoy has a lot of complaints on the RIP OFF report. WARNING: DO NOT USE TAPJOY TO EARN DIAMONDS!!! My second complaint is with Design Home and their Award process. I wonder how my designs are rated and who they compare them with. I have designed rooms following every requirement, and still get low scores. I have often thought of not using this app due to TapJoy, and the rating system. I only keep using it because I truly love to design the rooms. Design Home needs to get rid of TapJoy, and improve their rating system.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 1.03.30
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crowdstar Inc
- © 2016 Crowdstar Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Handful of Diamonds$1.99
- Cluster of Diamonds$4.99
- Pile of Diamonds$9.99
- Mound of Diamonds$19.99
- Starter Package$7.99
- Sale Bundle$1.99
- Holiday Sale Diamonds$0.99
- Chest of Diamonds$49.99
- Trunk of Diamonds$99.99
- Mystery Pack$1.99