Avery Design & Print
By Avery Products Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Personalize and print projects right from your tablet using our touch-optimized design tool. Wherever you go, using your favorite Avery products has never been easier!
• Choose from the complete catalog of Avery products and hundreds of professionally-designed templates.
• Save your projects online using your MyAvery account, or retrieve previously saved projects for quick editing and printing.
• Drag-and-drop your tablet’s contact information to create a mail merge in minutes.
• Import photos directly from your tablet, or choose from a fully-stocked Avery image library.
• Apply your personal designs to an assortment of different Avery products with just a few simple taps.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• Support for Bluetooth(R) keyboards
• Printer adjustment (nudge) tool for fine-tuning print results
• Option to print only on specific labels
• Ability to fill-across or fill-down on a sheet
• Object list to select, layer and lock objects in your design
• Home and Open buttons for easier navigation
• Support for automatic screen rotation
• Improved indicators when the app is busy or disconnected from Wi-Fi
• Easier text entry and data import (mail merge)
• Squished lots of bugs and improved overall stability
Could be lots better...
After spending hours designing my wine labels I use the app to print my design on the Avery labels. Surprise! The app creates a PDF file that you have to open in another program in order to print. Joy! I print a test page and guess what? It doesn't fit! I go back and spend some time trying to manipulate the software to make it cover the entire label. No love for me. Don't wast your time.
I noticed an update that let's you adjust the printed position on the page for your individual printer....ok, let's try it. It only makes the gap larger on the opposite side of the page.
This is for the developers that seem to read these. I create my label in another program. I import it into your app to have it positioned in the proper place for printing. Instead of pressing a print button in your app, you have the document created in a PDF format and open in a web browser. Which I then have to save and email to myself to open in another program to be able to send another app to be able to send to the printer. Not very user friendly.
I spent a couple of hours entering data for some labels. Clicked save several times to make sure that I didn't lose my data. When I was done, tried to print, but it wouldn't print. Every time that it tried to navigate somewhere it asked me if I wanted to save, I clicked yes, but it never did anything. Finally it said that it was saving it to a pdf. I was able to open the pdf in my browser, but it didn't print correctly. Now I try to get back to my labels and they are not there, apparently I needed to create an account before I could save!!? How about a message to tell me that before I wasted a couple of hours of my life! Now I try to create an account but the application just spins! I am a computer programmer and would never release such an awful application!
Sadly as excited as I was for this to be available on my iPad... it worked fantastic for my round stickers and then when I went to do multipurpose labels... it had to open in another program, it took forever to get that program to stop loading it over and over again and to just get it to print.. then it was completely off and didn't fit.. by that time I gave up and trashed the whole project, very frustrated and upset.. I still haven't printed my multipurpose labels.. the thought of it gives me anxiety..... I hope and hope this will all be fixed or improved, I really love you guys, but this is crazy difficult when it really shouldn't be. I was gonna order prints from you guys, but I'm so frustrated I gotta think about it now
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 18, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 51.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Avery Products Corporation
- ©2014 Avery Products Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.