By Orawee Wiriyathananon
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
NOTE: If you purchased DesignBoard before May 9th, 2013, contact us (email@example.com) about getting an upgrade to DesignBoard+
DesignBoard is a powerful yet easy to use tool for making composite images with full text support. The compositing view of the application allows for easy importing of images and creation of text with full layer management. The editing view of the application gives crop, trim and erasing tools similar to leading, full-suite image editors but without the complexity. Projects can be saved for later editing in the application's *.board format and finished images can be exported in standard image formats (png, jpg, etc).
DesignBoard is powerful and easy to use and has full Retina support.
Full features include:
- Full Retina support
- Crop/Trim images with a variety of selection tools
- Erase backgrounds with flexible eraser tools
- Full control over final image size, including support for very large images
- Full layer support and layer arranging
- Adjust font, size and color easily
- Save projects in *.board format for later use
- Export to standard image file formats (jpg, png, etc)
- Use size menu to set desired final size
- Use buttons on lower right corner to add new images and text
- Double-click image to open the image editor
What's New in Version 1.1
- Fixed issue with crashing in OS X 10.6.8
- Fixed bug that changed layer order on save
- Fixed bug where text layers would crash after being reordered
- Improved selection handling
What a list of features for a rather newish app. Been using it almost all day to check it out throughly and love how the pictures turn out.
This app allows you to create some very interesting layouts. While it took me a little time to get used to it, I'm glad I bought it. Thank You.
I have been trying to use this app since I bought it… Not user friendly! No directions, No technical support. I sent the following to technical support… they answered as follows:
1) I just purchased Design Board and really don't have an idea of how to use it. I can't find a tutor or any way to get instruction. Please advise... I can get one picture on the board but when I try to layer it just starts a new project. I have tried to open help windows but there aren't any!
Answer: Are you using the buttons in the lower right corner of the app? Those allow you to add new text and images. If that doesn't fix your problem let me know.
2)Yes, I am using those... you can't put pictures on the project without them. But, as I put the layers on you cannot see or organize them. Where are the directions for this app? I am going to say it doesn't work. What are your suggestions?
No answer… so I sent:I have not heard from you. Is there any directions for using this APP. Please advise.
Answer: I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you add more than one image/text?
3)I can add pictures but that picture takes the place of the original one. How do I add a picture to the current one... then organize them making a collage so you can see them as you go?
4) Usually, I can go to tabs to see choices on an apps: on this I can choose size, behind or forward but that only applies to the latest picture I can't see the other pictures on the board. Is there something wrong with my app?
Where are the step by step directions Matthew? Nothing is available on your app that I can see.
Please... it cost $9.99... I need to be able to use it!
Not worth anything!
- Category: Photography
- Updated: May 04, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Orawee Wiriyathananon
- © 2012 RamenShoppe
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor