Desk 3: Writing, Blogging, and Notes for WordPress
By yo gg llc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Version 3.0 is FINALLY here! Completely rewritten and redesigned, built exclusively for WordPress.
FEATURED WORLDWIDE as Best New App of 2016 and 2017!
Building on the award-winning track record via Apple: "Best App of 2014" and "Best App of 2015"!
"Desk focuses on what matters most: Writing." -- John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"A painless writing and blogging tool for Mac. After using it for a few days, it has become my default text editor." -- Steven Sande, TUAW
Featured WORLDWIDE by Apple as "Best New App", listed as a "Top Blogging & Writing App"!
Desk is a premium writing experience for all types of writers, bloggers, thinkers, and doers.
Whether you're a casual enthusiast, the weekend writer, blogger, or digital publishing professional, you'll find Desk to be a much-needed breath of fresh air.
Designed to marry both function and form, it is the desktop publishing client that you've always wanted: Simple, intuitive, powerful, and fast.
Fall in love (again) with writing via an app that helps you focus and concentrate on what matters most: Your thoughts as they coalesce into written form.
Then publish them to your own digital property and WordPress blog (self-hosted, .com).
## Focused Writing Experience ##
Focus on what matters the most and remove everything else.
• Clean, simple, and a true distraction-free interface
• Typewriter Mode for the serious focus and productivity
• Themes and styles including font treatments, style, size, and column width
• Use our streamlined WYSIWYG editor or Markdown.
• Shortcuts for maximum speed (Formatting, Publishing, and more)
• Assortment of writing modes and visual styles (Full-Screen, Transparency, Day & Night, Font and Text Treatments, Responsive Layouts, Floating)
## Sync & Backup ##
Whether you're on the go or connected to a fiber line you'll be ready when inspiration strikes.
• Save your work locally with powerful "Offline" mode
• iCloud integration for maximum portability
• Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
## Powerful Publishing and Content Management ##
NEW! Write, college, categorize, and tag your work! You can then publish your selected works to multiple WordPress blogs and edit existing posts with ease!
• Access, edit, and update existing posts and drafts
• Schedule posts for later publishing
• Drag-and-drop images, add captions
• Support for embedded media (YouTube, Vimeo and more coming soon)
• Custom features for each publishing platform (e.g. Featured images, categories, tags, custom slugs/URLs, labels, and more)
• "Quick Publishing" for even greater speed
• Preview mode with real-time updating
## Organization & Utility ##
Your content, your way.
• Intuitive new Preview Mode
• Real-time meta information (Character and word count, Time to Read, Writing Mode)
• Search and replace, dictation, spelling, grammar, and more
• Powerful use of native macOS capabilities
• Export as HTML, RTF, PDF, DOCX, TXT, MD
## Support & Community ##
I couldn't do any of this without you and your support - it means a ton to me, so, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
You can always ping me here:
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/deskpm
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/8bit
• Email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.1
FINALLY! A few important fixes that took a while to track down and fix. But, they are complete:
1. Left panel was having some issues. Thanks to everyone who identified the issues and submitted tickets!
2. Publishing and Quick Publish was having some problems for some folks. That sucks, obviously, because this is what the app was meant to do! Should be fixed.
3. Text Editor was having some issues with tables, images, Markdown, WYSIWYG conversion, shortcuts, and even editor view configs... essentially there was a lot that was broken (but not for everyone) but just took a lot longer to track down than I had originally anticipated. Sorry about that!
4. Local documents and drafts was acting wonky. So... not anymore.
That should be it folks! Please let me know if you see anything else that's not working properly. You're awesome.
Desk 3.1 Update
The update fixed many bugs that I reported to the developer, John Saddington. It’s much easier now to connect to my self-hosted site. The User Interface (UI) is intuitive but there’s a mini-learning curve to understand what each part in the interface is for. HINT: Start on the left side to setup your blog and use the right side to publish. My favorite part of Desk, since DeskPM, was the ability to go fullscreen in a cream white or black matte and everything gets out of the way, literally, while you type. I just want to write out my thoughts, then edit, and finally publish. Most steps you take to write a post, add photos, categories, custom URL, etc., in the browser CAN be done in this app. You can write your post while you’re offline and publish it later. Keep it simple and get Desk today.
Not there yet
I wanted to like this app. I really wanted something to work with WP that would give me a little more flexibility but this is not it. It does not import from Photos. For the past two days it will not publish the port. To delete and reinstall I’ll lose the post I just finished. Not happy. I’ll wait until it improves.
DESK 3 crashed within the 1st minute of using it.