Desk PM: A Writing, Blogging, and Notetaking App
By yo gg llc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
***Desk won Best App of 2015!***
THANK YOU SO MUCH! That's because our community and customers are the best!
Desk has won the prestigious Apple award TWO YEARS in a ROW: "Best App of 2014" and "Best App of 2015"!
Are you looking for Desk MD (Markdown) or Desk NT (Notetaking)? You can find those here:
• Desk MD: http://bit.ly/desk-md
• Desk NT: http://bit.ly/desk-nt
"Desk focuses on what matters most: Writing." -- John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"A painless writing and blogging tool for Mac. After using it for a few days, it has become my default text editor." -- Steven Sande, TUAW
Featured WORLDWIDE by Apple as "Best New App", listed as a "Top Blogging & Writing App"!
Desk is a premium writing experience for all types of writers.
Whether you're a casual enthusiast, the weekend writer, blogger, or digital publishing professional, you'll find Desk to be a much-needed breath of fresh air.
Designed to marry both function and form, it is the desktop publishing client that you've always wanted: Simple, intuitive, powerful, and fast.
Fall in love (again) with writing via an app that helps you focus and concentrate on what matters most: Your thoughts as they coalesce into written form.
Then publish them to your own digital property and blog. We currently support the following publishing platforms:
• WordPress (self-hosted and .com)
• Blogger / Blogspot
• Squarespace (Post via Email)
• Facebook Notes
## Focused Writing Experience ##
Focus on what matters the most and remove everything else.
• Clean, simple, and a true distraction-free interface
• Typewriter Mode for the serious focus
• Themes and styles including font treatments, style, size, and column width
• Use our streamlined WYSIWYG editor or Markdown.
• Shortcuts for maximum speed (Formatting, Publishing, and more)
• Assortment of writing modes and visual styles (Full-Screen, Transparency, Day & Night, Font and Text Treatments, Responsive Layouts, Floating)
## Sync & Backup ##
Whether you're on the go or connected to a fiber line you'll be ready when inspiration strikes.
• Save your work locally with powerful "Offline" mode
• iCloud integration for maximum portability
• Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
## Powerful Publishing ##
Publish your work to multiple blogs, platforms, and more. Edit existing posts with ease!
• Access, edit, and update existing posts and drafts
• Schedule posts for later publishing
• Post Formats for WordPress and Tumblr
• Drag-and-drop images, add captions
• Support for embedded media (YouTube, Vimeo and more coming soon)
• Integration with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, Evernote, and Facebook Notes
• Custom features for each publishing platform (e.g. Featured images, categories, tags, custom slugs/URLs, labels, and more)
• "Quick Publishing" for even greater speed
• Preview mode with real-time updating
## Organization & Utility ##
Your content, your way.
• Intuitive new Preview Mode
• Real-time meta information (Character and word count, Time to Read, Writing Mode)
• Search and replace, dictation, spelling, grammar, and more
• Powerful use of native OS X capabilities
• Export as HTML, RTF, PDF, DOCX, TXT, MD
## Support & Community ##
We want to hear from you (seriously)! Especially how you are using Desk to publish your great stories!
Get connected to us here:
• Support: http://talk.desk.pm
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/deskpm
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: http://desk.pm
• Blog: http://blog.desk.pm
What's New in Version 2.4
***A big bug-fix update!***
Thank you for your help - appreciate it big-time!
Here's the list:
-- Handle Evernote's "malformed content" issue
-- Make 'dead' zone for right panel contracted state.
-- Image controls aren't hidden when image is deselected.
-- Need to click more than once to deselect image.
-- App crash. Publish image to vanilla WP.
-- Standard preview does not work at all
-- App crash. Desk restored two windows.
-- Autocompleting lists don't work in markdown.
-- Lists with newlines
-- Command + A shortcut does not work in editor.
-- Pictures are not visible on preview in markdown
-- White square in editor when picture is selected
-- Overlayed webview.
-- Unable to format text in editor.
-- Typewriter issue. Handle line changing.
-- User-reported crash.
-- Weird square on preview
-- Document saving popup cut out issue.
-- Spellcheck can't be turned off in markdown
Thanks so much!
WYSIWYG -> Markdown Anomalies
I publish to Blogger. For the most part, this app is very well done. When I switch to Markdown and back to WYSIWYG mode, a lot of the markdown is still there and I can’t get it fully back to WYSIWYG. Also, some images disappear in this half-Markdown-half-WYSIWYG state, so I can’t work with them at all. Plus, I’m not sure where it’s storing my images online; I’m assuming with Google/Picassa but not sure. It’s like the app is trying to be so simple (hiding complexity) that it’s making some tasks difficult. I need the switch between modes to be seamless and without the bugs.
How do I force the app to re-download a post because this local one is jacked? If I publish this jacked up version, I could lose the good version on Blogger. Again, this app needs more features—not less.
MAJOR IMPROVEMENT! Thank you!
Thank you so much for improving this app once again. Although the black sidebar menu still pops up when I move my mouse inside the page, the annoying resizing of the screen bug has been fixed! I would love it instead if I wanted to access the bar, then I can simply move my mouse in the black sidebar area and then it can pop open instead of it constantly opening when I move the mouse inside the page. This would be a major improvement to me. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Overall, I can’t complain with the update, I didn’t think it would come. This update makes this app usable once again and is now back on my dock to stay!
THANK YOU! :)
Developer proved me wrong.
The latest update fixed a ton of bugs, and this app resurfaced in my workflow as an excellent tool for writing. I suspected that the developer had abandoned the project, or at least put it on the backburner, but I was proven wrong.
It took a while, but good things take time. This app remains one of the best tools that I’ve ever found for editing/blogging. My review went from 2 to 5 stars after this patch - it’s fully deserved. If the developer were to add a paid plugin for simple Vim keybindings, I’d probably buy it, but other than that, this tool is perfect. Fast, snappy, and great to look at.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 07, 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: yo gg llc
- © 2016 yo, gg.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor