** FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **
The original and the best Desktop Aquarium!
** v1.9 adds:
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS FOR YOUR AQUARIUM!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE!
Watch as your monitor fills with water and real 3D fish begin to swim around your desktop, behind your icons and windows!
- Screen Saver option lets the aquarium appear as a screen saver when you're system is idle. (This won't interfere with your system's screen saver or sleep settings. For best results, disable your system screen saver.)
- Real time 3D fish that don't just swim back and forth, but towards you and away from you, up and down. Like real fish!
- Uses realistic 3D fish models, not just flat 2D images like other aquarium apps or screen savers do! Their eyes even move!
- Dymanic underwater lighting. So if the surface of the water ripples, so does the refracted light!
- You can select the background you want! From your wallpaper or a random image. Any image can come alive with your fish!
- Now with over 20 different realistic 3D fish species! And remember, in virtual water you can mix fresh water with salt water fish!
- Feedback is always welcome! If this isn't the best 3D aquarium there is, then let us know how you think it can be improved by emailing us from the website!
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS ADDED!!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE ADDED!!
Many bug fixes and updated for Mountain Lion.
Ratings and Reviews
It would be nice to have the program already use my background since I like them to cycle through and the only way to even use your own background is to choose load random image. So if you REALLY want to use your own make a folder somewhere and point it to it. Tould have given 5 stars if not for this and the fact that the fish choices are still very limited. a couple that I would like to have seen are Puffer fish and guppies. There is also only one pattern for any fish so you don't get the veriaty of patterns that appear on angelfish. If there where either more kinds of fish and patterns or the ability for it to use the wallpaper you already have i would give it a 4 star have both and 5 stars.
All in all a good way to add life to your desktop
It works fine
I had this app for a while, the new update made it more stable. FOR EVERYONE COMPLAINING OF WHITE BACKGROUND, SAVE THE PICTURE YOU WANT TO USE AS YOUR BACKGROUND TO YOUR COMPUTER. DO NOT JUST RIGHT CLICK ON A PICTURE FROM THE WEB AND USE AS DESKTOP PICTURE. first save it to your computer then use it as desktop picture. I have and undersea background, it looks like a fish tank, pretty cool and cheap. worth every penny, my daughter loves it. I want the fish to look more realistic, think DreamAquarium, google it but it is pricey, thats is why I like this little app.
Great visual app
This 'LIVE wallpaper' works good for me and I like being able to have the fish swim around while I interact. Now if I can just figure out how to access this new 'screensaver' mode I would be very happy.
So four stars as I love the effect, but documentation is lacking and screensaver mode counter intuitive for me so far.
I haven't seen these sharks yet either - suspense I guess. An updated screen shot here at the app store with sharks in it would be nice!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.