By Kitestack Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★ One of the TOP TEN utility apps in over 5 countries. ★
The app opens your Documents and Downloads folder as shelves on the desktop with a nice cover flow effect.
Quickly access your documents and downloads. Drop files onto the shelves or drag them from the shelves into other applications (for example as attachments into Mail.app).
A click on the app icon in the dock brings the two shelves to the foreground. A second click sends them back again.
You can change the two shelves to show any folder you like.
- Dropping a text selection on a shelf automatically creates a new text file
- Right-click and drag a file from a shelf to paste its contents into another app. Great for pasting text templates into email messages or blog posts
- Press Space when an item is selected to see a larger preview
- Right click on a shelf item to reveal it in Finder
- Double click a shelf item to open it
What's New in Version 2.1.3
- Solved: shelves now remain visible when showing the desktop with the "show desktop" gesture or by pressing F11
- "separate shelves per space" feature restricted to Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion for now (until a solution is available)
GREAT LOOKING SHELVES
I do not know who thinks this is ugly, then the Mac dock must be also, because these shelves emulate the desktop. At first I did not know if the shelves could be modified to change in appearence but was very pleased to find a menu when you hold down the option button over the shelf title. You'll get a short list of shelf styles. I chose the one that resembles the dock, so they would look like extentions of my dock, really cool! Not to mention that the app cleaned up my whole desktop without having to hide anything!
This app is well worth installing and remember you get to style your shelving. Nice!
Absolutely love the app…. Not one to do this, but yea, its pretty cool. The free version is plenty practical, and its synced to my downloads for Safari, so anything I download is quickly accessible. It's perfect because I go to an online university, and always have something to download. You can also preview movie files and images and other documents. Easily my most used app.
Beautiful, handy, practical
It’s an awesome App. Actually, because of my work I needed some App that could separate the Download Folder and Documents from other folders and icons. And it does it beautifuly and with ease...
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 11, 2012
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rico Gundermann
- © 2011 Kitestack Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor