Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the brand-new Despicable Me: Minion Rush! Gru’s loyal, yellow, mischievous Minions are ready for their tastiest challenge yet: Collecting exotic fruits to make yummy jelly! Jump, roll, dodge and scramble against others in fun, fast-paced missions.
ALL THE FUN AND ANTICS OF DESPICABLE ME
• Enjoy unpredictably hilarious Minion moments
• Perform despicable acts through hundreds of missions
• Run through iconic locations that are full of surprises, secrets and tricky obstacles: Gru’s Lab, Gru’s Residential Area, El Macho’s Lair, Minion Beach and Super Silly Fun Land from Despicable Me
• Customize your Minion with unique costumes, weapons, and power-ups
• Battle Vector, El Macho, the Villaintriloquist and all the new villains exclusively created for the game
AN INNOVATIVE AND ORIGINAL GAME
• Encounter secret areas, unique boss fights and amazing power-ups
• Experience custom animation and voice-overs, and state-of-the-art 3D graphics
• Enjoy multiple dynamic camera angles
• Engage in various bonus gameplay modes:
→ Destroy things as Mega Minion
→ Collect bananas while riding the Fluffy Unicorn
→ Hang on to Gru’s Rocket for the ride of your life
→ Unlock a new Power-Up and get ready for a Mission to the Moon!
• Have fun with your friends! See their best scores during your run, send them funny Minion taunts and challenges to show them who’s going to win Minion of the Year!
You can download and play this game for free. Please be informed that it also allows you to play using virtual currency, which can be acquired as you progress through the game, or by deciding to watch certain advertisements, or by paying with real money. This app contains advertising messages. This game also allows social network connectivity in order to play with others, as well as advertising for Gameloft’s products or some third parties. Certain aspects of this game will require the player to connect to the Internet. You can disable in-app purchases by adjusting your device’s settings.
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
What's New in Version 2.6.2
LOVE IS IN THE AIR! Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Despicable Me: Minion Rush and go for a run in Minion Park!
- Help Dr. Nefario organize the Wedding Party for Lucy and Gru: Prepare the cake and collect flowers to make everything perfect for the big day!
- Hop on a skateboard, grind some rails and perform tricks in the new mini-game!
- Cupid Minion costume returns to spread the love!
Rushed and botched Valentines update
The latest update was seriously rushed and botched. Textures were missing and later patched in. The mission did not even work until a later in-game patch was pushed out. Then the timer for the special mission was always wrong so you got jipped at the end because you had no idea when the end was.
The money grab is getting worse, too. Drop rates for the items in the special mission were tiered with the roses dropping at half the rate of the cakes. I assume this was intended to make people spend coins to get the skateboard in order to finish. Plus, the skateboard is literally useless without a costume that extends the time (which again costs coins). Contests are full of cheats (someone literally had a score in the trillions and a multiplier in the millions; tell me that is actually possible)
Add this to the list of unfixed bugs still around from previous patches and it is grating. I have been playing for 13 months now, but I think I hit my saturation point. It is a good game, so it is frustrating to quit on a sour note.
Tokens are so precious
I love the minions and I'm addicted to this game. However, it does have a few problems.
1. In some of the events contests, why are the silver prize pods a higher prize than some of the tokens prize? Example, I finished in the top 500 in a contest and won 2 silver prize pods. I could have won 30 tokens if I dropped down to the top 1000, and I much rather prefer that. Silver prize pods just give you junk like bananas or minion launcher (which can be bought with bananas).
2. It is so easy to accidentally spend/waste your tokens with a simple touch of a button. They should always give a "are you sure" message before finalizing the use of these tokens. Especially for the special mission at the end of a run when you have the option to spend tokens to recharge the battery. I'm afraid I may accidentally push the button sometime and waste up to 320 tokens!
3. There is an obvious glitch that many people are pointing out regarding the battery for the special mission. I doesn't always seem to recharge when the app is closed.
On a positive note, I love the new videos for the special Wedding mission. Too cute and hilarious! :D
Fun but not free
The special events are fun and so are the daily events but the jelly factory levels are not. They make the difficulty level enough that you are forced to purchase coins if you want to complete it. They place things you need in areas that are impossible to get to. The downloads are so buggy I think that we are their QA department. I think they need to get back to basics and the way it used to work so we can pick where we want to play and tie the events into a regular run. It used to be REALLY FUN. You really didn't have to spend money if you didn't want to and could purchase costumes with collected bananas. The greed has destroyed this game for sure. It's too bad because it really used to be addictive and fun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 90.3 MB
- Languages: Arabic, En, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2013 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Despicable Me and related characters are trademarks and copyrights of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stack of Tokens$1.99
- Pile of Tokens$4.99
- Crate of Tokens$9.99
- Small Stack of Tokens$0.99
- Golden Banana$4.99
- Mountain of Tokens$19.99
- Truckload of Tokens$14.99
- Cardboard Crate of Tokens$6.99
- Bank Vault of Tokens$49.99