From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, we not only deliver the news, but completely immerse you in it. With our local-to-national coverage, find the stories that matter to your community.
• NEWS: Browse or search for national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Get the latest NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA Football & Basketball scores as well as news from the worlds of Golf, NASCAR, IndyCar, UFC, Fantasy Sports and more.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
AD-FREE SUBSCRIPTION OPTION:
Subscribe today and experience great storytelling with no ads. Purchase an ad free subscription for $2.99/month with a 2 week free trial.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Terms of Service: http://static.freep.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: email@example.com or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
• Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great mobile newspaper app!
I normally will not read newspapers on line, but the Free Press app is really easy to read and find what section you want. This is the best newspaper app that I have and I definitely will keep reading it!
My complaint I'm now having is that the advice column is terrible - sometimes there aren't any new questions for days - my Oakland Press has new ones daily in Dear Abby....sigh!
Line Dancing Grandma
The advice columns aren't any better....they disappear for days - what happens?.
I just changed the number of review stars to one...why, because again and again columns are disappearing, especially the advice columns!! I will close the app if this doesn’t clear up. This has gone on for days - I have been a Free Press reader for years and really like this app since we go to Florida.
This app is getting worse and worse! Is there a reason why certain sections are not updated daily! I will no longer recommend this app to my snowbird friends from the Detroit area - please do not ask me to rate this app again unless you’ve fixed this problem!
New Clickbait Headline Style Stinks
The new way the headlines are being written is awful. It makes it sound like a bot trying to garner clicks instead of an actual newspaper headline. This isn’t BuzzFeed, they should write like it.
The app is fine in general to use. I wish the night mode wasn’t buried so deep in the UI or could be put on a timer with the sun. It’s easy to change the font size which I did once ever, but annoying to change to dark mode every night and back in the morning.
I love everything about this app....except for one strange issue. I can go to any sport and get up-to-date news with one exception. When I click on Lions it’s stuck on the news from Nov. 29th. Tate is saying the Lions have to win the rest to make the playoffs.
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, but it still sticks on Nov. 29th. How can this be fixed?
- 234.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Monthly $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.