Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Chosen as Game of the Year in the "Mac App Store Best of 2012" selection.
At the edge of humanity, there’s nothing to stop you falling.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When former SWAT commander Adam Jensen is forced to undergo cybernetic augmentation, he discovers that the boundary between man and machine is a point of no return. Uncover the truth behind a global conspiracy in a first-person role-playing game where you must combine combat, stealth, hacking and social interaction to determine the course of human evolution.
In a world where amoral corporations market biomechanical modifications and those who protest against them are silenced, only those who adapt survive. Discover the true potential of your augmentations and manipulate Adam’s body into your perfect machine.
• Discover what led to the events of the groundbreaking Deus Ex in this visionary prequel, set 25 years before the original game.
• Experience truly open-ended gameplay in a world where your every choice has a lasting consequence.
• Unlock and upgrade augmentations to Adam’s limbs, eyes, brain, skin and lungs as you develop his body to suit your playing style.
• Wield the power of robotic limbs to perform brutal takedowns on your foes.
• Become invisible, move silently and see through walls as you use stealth upgrades to sneak past deadly troops and penetrate forbidden zones.
• Hack into security systems to read e-mails, disable surveillance cameras and unlock doors to hidden areas.
• Make friends and influence people! Become a master of persuasion and convince intriguing characters to give you information and behave as you want them to.
• Immerse yourself in strikingly inventive futuristic visions of Detroit and Shanghai, where cyberpunk sensibility meets Renaissance aesthetic. Explore every corner of these cities to uncover hundreds of secrets.
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition contains The Missing Link DLC and the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement expansion packs.
• The game also contains a 44-minute "making-of" documentary, a 40-page book of design and concept art, motion comic, a soundtrack composed by Michael McCann and three trailers.
Important information regarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 17GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000, Intel HD4000 and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/deusexhr
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixes an audio track issue that was affecting the final video of the game.
• Fixes an issue that was affecting the right-click function on trackpads.
• Improves support for third-party mice, keyboards and graphics tablets.
Superb game and no technical problems at all for me
The game itself is superb -- great fun, great atmosphere, enjoyable story, great action. It's a top quality 3D shooter comparable to Bioshock etc., and in fact the comparison to Bioshock is apt because it's not at all a straight forward action game. Instead of just running around guns blazing, you need to give your character new capabilities, sneak around, interact with the environment, hack computers and robots and so on. There's still a good deal of adrenaline-pumping shoot-outs though.
Technical I've no complaints whatsoever. I've experienced none of the problems other people seem to have. It runs like a dream on my Retina MacBook Pro, and visually and aurally it's a terrifically well presented game. I've also not encountered the bug others have referred to where someone they need to kill is "floating in the air" -- I went through the stage in question without problems. You do get a dialogue box when you run it on the retina MBP stating that the game has incompatabilities with this model of Mac, but as I've said, I've not noticed any problems personally at all. I inquired with the developers, and they stated that whatever the problem is it should be fixed with the next update to Mountain Lion.
This is a pretty great game
First off, the replay value is pretty stellar with the rising difficulty levels. This is my first experience with any Deus Ex game, and I was completely satisfied. Secondly, if you enjoy games like Metal Gear Solid, you'll be right at home. These are my favorite kinds of games, and in no way did this disappoint. I really dig the concept they used for attribute advancement. Pretty cool idea. Fairly legit storyline as well.
There are a couple INCREDIBLY MINOR drawbacks that I'd love to point out for the developers and the readers.
1. The AI is tough, but insanely predictable. Mixing some routes up would be nice and challenging
2. The levels are pretty cut and dry. Blocks, and rows is really all it is. It'd be nice to have some levels in a more open environment.
3. The bosses are really just a pain. This game shines during the normal, tactical espionage gameplay. The bosses are ridiculously hard to beat, and mostly because of their HP. I'd absolutely LOVE to see some boss levels that required a more tactical and sneaky approach. You can basically get a bunch of Typhoon Ammo, and acquire a grenade launcher to burn right through them.
Overall, this game still rocked my socks. Cheers to the developers!
I finally decided to spend the $50...
And I could not be happier with my purchase. Like many reviewers have stated- I've never been so engrossed by a story line. I usually can't stand cut screens and skip through them but I have noticed I watch and listen to every screen and detail put into this game. Only time will tell if I find the game worth fifty dollars but I am pleased to say that I don't have that feeling in my gut like I just wasted my money- so far it feels like money very well spent. Oh, the game shouldn't work on my macbook pro 8gb 2011 because the graphics card isn't supported but it works great- I get a slight stutter every once in awhile but I am not on the low settings so I am sure it would be a quick fix if it bothered me. Hope y'all buy and you like too-I love that the mac app store is bringing us games like this
edit: I just looked at the top grossing apps- I can't believe this is so far down- this is by far my favorite game I have ever played. I have played through several times in several different ways and it is still fun. If the price is keeping you from purchasing, I would probably pay double the amount now that I know all of the fun and time I would get out of it-
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 05, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 16.66 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2010-2012 Square Enix Ltd. DEUS EX, the DEUS EX logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and the EIDOS MONTREAL logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later