Develop your film with a smile!
Develop! Film Development Timer is a flexible and elegant timer suitable for film and darkroom use. Create your own development recipes through a very simple and intuitive process. As many steps as you need with multiple intervals per step. It is entirely up to you, you are in full control.
- Darkroom Mode: A minimalist red-on-black theme for darkroom use
- Flexible: As many recipes as you like, as many steps per recipe as you like. Name your steps however you like. Record notes however you like.
- Intuitive: Minimalist, elegant interface gets out of your way so there is nothing standing between you and your photography. Large timer is visible across the room.
- Intervals: An integrated interval timer makes it easy to do things like “for this step please beep after the first minute and then every 30 seconds". You’ll know at-a-glance how much time until your next inversion.
- Nostalgia: Great faux leather vulcanite covering
- Import: Import recipes directly from FilmDev.org
- Share. Tweet and post your recipes. Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo are all supported.
No more excuses that you lost track of time or forgot to agitate at a 30 seconds interval -- this is a thing of the past. Concentrate on being the best photographer and alchemist you can be, leave the timing to Develop!. Now go out there and shoot a roll of film! Good luck!
100% free. Always.
Bug fixes. Temporarily removing notifications. (They'll be back).
Ratings and Reviews
Very Useful App
Easy to use and works great!! A real boon!
Excelente aplicación para trabajar en laboratorio, me gusto el cambio a luz para revelado.
Pretty good app
I’ve been using this app for the better part of a year, and it’s pretty good. Would easily be 5 stars with two simple fixes:
1. It has started crashing lately. I’m sure this is due to recent iPhone updates and it just needs a new patch to be written. Hopefully this comes soon!
2. For some inexplicable reason, the app will not work unless it is open on your phone. As in, your phone must have the app open on the screen at all times. Want to change a song while developing? Sorry, can’t do that. Want to lock your phone? Nope, can’t do that either. The countdown will stop. The only time this is really an issue for me is if I am tray developing and want to turn my phone screen off so there isn’t any light in the room.
Fix this and it’s 5 stars easily.
Developer Response ,
1. Yep, due to recent updates and frustrating at this end. New version on the way in 2-3 weeks.
2. New version works in the background!
3. Drop me a line if you want to test the new version.
- Todd Breslow
- 105.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Todd Breslow
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.