Device Locator: Track and Locate Your Lost or Stolen iPhone
By Ravneet Singh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lojack for your iPhone or iPad! (On iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS and iPad 3G)
Keep a running log of your device's location history! If the phone is lost and out of battery or turned off, you will still have its last known location before the phone lost power.
This application can be used to locate a miss placed iPhone or keep tabs on a loved one. To track your loved one or locate your device, the app must be installed on the target iPhone.
Every time your phone changes cell towers, this application will turn on the GPS for 15 seconds and record the best location that your phone can determine. This location is then available online and can be viewed by logging into your account from any computer or phone that has an internet browser.
* NO MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEES!
* TRACK UNLIMITED # OF DEVICES
* Ability to sound an alarm on your device from any computer.
* Ability to send a message with sound to the device.
* Ability to TAKE A PHOTO of the user and request location update with a push message.
* The Photo is emailed to you right away!
* Ability to cache locations when network is not available to retransmit later. Great for camping or traveling around the world.
* Ability to record location on every cell phone tower switch.
* Ability to send location even when the application is not running or in the background!
* Ability to forward your location information to Google Latitude or your own service.
* Ability to lock the application from a web site.
* Ability to keep track of and graph your phone's battery life.
* Can show your locations on top of openstreetmap.org map tiles.
* Ability to make and receive VOIP calls between devices and from the website.
Unlike other applications, this application has been well thought out to provide you EXACTLY what you need to help you locate your device. Whether it is lost near by or stolen you have all the tools available. This application was developed with user feedback in mind. If someone has not asked for what you want we will do our best to meet your needs!
The application reports your device's location to a central server that you can log in to from your browser to track your device's location. This is done without decreasing your device's battery life or performance.
Once the application has been configured it will report your device's location every time your iPhone connects to a new cell tower. The application continues to report even after it has been closed and removed from the multitasking bar.
*NOTE* This application will report in the background ONLY on devices that support multitasking!
The application provides two forms of reporting: normal and emergency. When emergency mode is enabled your device will report back every minute its exact location. This will also reduce your battery life.
FOR WEB DEVELOPERS:
The service lets you specify custom URLs which get polled every time your device checks in with the service. You can use this feature to post your location in a blog or just to keep a long running record of your travels on your own web server.
This service is provided AS IS. No guarantees are made that this service will help you locate your device. No guarantees are made that the service will be available at all times.
Proper configuration is required to make full use of this service.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Continued use is only done when "Emergency Mode" is enabled.
Your feedback is welcome.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
- Added switch to turn off notifications that monitor if the app is running in the background
Good app probs worth
Good app I like how it shows the last know location even if the phone ran out of power. Should have a mode were it shows you the route you have been. It's a bit buggy which could be better ( says app is not running every so often ) . Though it is nice it tells you it isn't running. Over all good app
I rely on DeviceLocator to keep track of where I have been and when. I especially like the optional online site that archives the records. I have been using DeviceLocator for several years now and do not know what I would do without it. Buy it and give it a try!
The application has stopped tracking the location. Everyday, I receive a notice saying that the tracking is not functioning properly. Please fix this bug. Thank you. App has worked great for years, until last month. Been malfunctioning for a few weeks.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 24, 2013
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ravneet Singh
- © 2013 eParty llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock VOIP$2.99
- 50 Minutes$1.99