Devices is the Apple HomeKit app that lets you manage and control smart home devices quickly and intuitively. Each device is represented by a specific icon. There is no complicated menu structure – all devices are shown in an overview and can be sorted by room or device type. In addition, the app boasts smart features such as device groups, scenes and triggers.
• Clarity – All devices at a glance
• Usability – Intuitive control via icons
• Independence – Cross-vendor support for all HomeKit devices
• Groups – Operate multiple devices of the same category simultaneously
• Scenes – Combine various devices into a scene to trigger them
• Time Trigger – Execute scenes at specific times
• Room Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to rooms
• Location Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to locations
• Device Trigger – Execute scenes when a device is in a specific state
• Search – Find devices fast the smart way
• Synchronization – Automatic adjustment via your Apple iCloud account
• Authorization – Grant trusted persons access via Apple iCloud
• Remote access – Control devices from anywhere in the world
• Security – Protection against access by unauthorized third parties
• Settings – Separate settings prevent accidental modification during everyday use
• Apple Watch – All devices always close at hand
• IFTTT – Connect your LinkDesk Room Locator with IFTTT
• Requires a device with iOS 11.0 or later
• Requires at least one smart home device that is compatible with Apple HomeKit
• For remote access, an Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th generation), Apple TV (3rd generation), or iPad is required
For further information on Devices please visit: www.linkdesk.com
We’re always happy to help. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
AR for HomeKit! Use augmented reality to control devices in your real environment.
• Support for new ARKit 2.
• Place virtual controllers directly onto real devices.
• Point the camera to devices and control them in a simple and quick way.
• Synchronisation of AR data between iPhone and iPad.
• Reset AR data with a shake gesture.
Ratings and Reviews
“Well isn’t that special...“
But seriously, I like it. Clever use of the AR kit. I’ve been wondering when more apps would start to make use of this API...(can you tell I'm a programer?). I have enough devices in my abode to make it worthwhile to use. Lying in bed while pointing my phone at the corner lamp to turn in on and off. My [great]grandfather is probably rolling in his grave right now.
Settings could be better
My original review talked about the inability to change between °C and °F. The developer noted that this setting can be changed in the app settings inside your device settings. While it’s nice this is available, it is not very discoverable.
Moving these settings in-app would improve the app experience greatly. Otherwise, app works as advertised.
Developer Response ,
You'll find the temperature unit selection in the general settings. Open the Apple "Settings" app, choose our app "Devices", and tap on "Temperature Units".
We're planning to enable the temperature unit settings directly in the app in the near future.
I do hope that, apart from the temperature unit selection, you're satisfied with our latest updates? :-)
Moritz from LinkDesk
Bery good experience for a long time now
I am using devices for a longer time frequently now and i am more and more happy with the ease of use, especially after the great design update. There are constantly updates and features like new triggers coming which is also great
- LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- 62.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- More Triggers $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.