Devious Dungeon is a medieval action platforming game by the creators of Random Heroes and League of Evil!
The catacombs under the Kingdom are infested with evil creatures. You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat! Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.
Only a true champion will be victorious!
- Level randomization
- 5 worlds
- Slay monsters and collect loot!
- Lots of weapons and gear
- RPG styled upgrades
- Boss Battles
- Mission system
- iCloud Game Saves
- Universal (play on all your devices)
"Devious Dungeon is Ravenous's best game since League of Evil." - TouchArcade 4/5
"Blending tight controls with the ever-shifting level design of a roguelike, Devious Dungeon is the perfect procedural platformer." - AppSpy 5/5
"Action packed dungeon crawling!" - Apple'N'Apps 4/5
"The controls are precise, it's easy to jump in and start playing, and there's tons of content to explore." - CNET 4.5/5
The first update is here and features bug fixes, performance upgrades and a new tileset.
Thank you everyone for purchasing and playing Devious Dungeon!
Ratings and Reviews
Good game, but could use a better level-up algorithm
I was a player of Random Heroes 2, and when Devious Dungeon came out I decided to spend 1 buck to try it. It is a nice time killer, with good old 8-bit visual effects.
After spending a few hours I decided to push the game to a limit: keep playing to see if there is a level cap. Gaining XP is easy: you kill a monster, you gain 10-30 XP. You get the stone of knowledge, you gain a third of the XP you need to get to the next lvl. When you are at lvl 20 or so, killing monsters can still give you decent amount of XP; but when you are at lvl 50, the only practical way is to get the stone. The value became ridiculously high and when I got lvl 66 the game went on a strike: no more XP was given, even when you get the stone.
I mean, it is reasonable to set up a lvl cap, but couldn't you guys do it in a more clear way, like saying "congrats, now you are at the max lvl!"when you reach the lvl? Suggesting that by something looks like a bug is kinda annoying.
Solid controls. Charming graphics. Pick up and go or good for long hauls. This game definitely reminds me of the later metroid styled castlevania games. Love the randomization of levels makes the game interesting over and over again because of different level design situations you run into. Great deal!
This game could be legendary but...
-There is a definite need for different weapon types. Overhead swinging axes would help a ton also maybe a ranged option for some of the nasty enemies you don't want to be in close proximity to.
- there seems to be some slowdown in areas. Not crippling problem also might be the old iPad2 I'm playing on.
- the music. This isn't a normal point to complain about but after a while the background tracks get boring and repetitive. In a game where grinding through randomized levels your going to need something interesting to keep the experience fresh. Sometimes just good level design and color pallet can do the trick. but seeing as the level design is randomized, the game falls flat if the generated level is boring. Don't get me wrong the music that is there is charming I just think the music could generally be longer more involved tracks without being overstimulating.
For the price, this is a great game with a ton of replay value. The random dungeons are mostly random (I can spot a few “template” layouts in use) but overall the quasi-randomness of the game design provides it a great deal of replay value. The graphics are done in a wonderful 80’s throw back style and the controls are very responsive. I’ve played it a great deal, in fact I never bought a coin pack in-app but was able to unlock all the content. So if you are willing to grind a little, there is no need to purchase anything else. If I were to buy an in-app, it would be the Coin Double however. I’d have to say, this game and SkyView are my two favorites right now on the app store. Great work.
- Ravenous Games Inc.
- 82.6 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Ravenous Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Coin Pack 2 $1.99
- Coin Doubler $3.99
- Coin Pack 1 $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.