By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 3.9
This maintenance update enhances a number of plugins and improves the overall performance and reliability. The history of Safari 8.x can be searched again, too.
- Retina splash screens.
- History of Safari 8.x is supported and therefore can be searched again.
- All Google plugins use https:// now.
- "References > SEC" plugin updated.
- Default search set "Web (Movies)" updated.
- "Linked Audio/Video Files" scanners now support embedded streams and videos; renamed to "Audio/Video Files".
- Excluding of domains or links ("Preferences > Search") is now 8 to 200 times faster.
- French localization.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Memory leaks in case of extensive lists of filtered links and domains.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Obsolete "Tubes" scanner.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2011–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later