By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 3.9.6
This maintenance release adds new plugins for the privacy-focused search engine StartPage as well as for searching PDFs with Google. It also better handles dates and refines support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
NOTE: Starting with this release DEVONagent Express requires OS X Mavericks or later.
- "Google (PDF)" and "StartPage" plugins added.
- Plugins updated: "DuckDuckGo", "Computer Science > ACM Digital Library", "Medical > PubMed", "References > SEC", "Science > IEEE Xplore", "Social Networking > Twitter".
- Retrieving of dates improved if neither the metadata nor the server returned a date for a result.
- Date of search results doesn't abbreviate the year anymore.
- Date parser improved.
- Better support for Google Chrome bookmarks.
- "Help > Report Bug" provides more information.
- Matching of query terms optimized.
- Better check for updates.
- Better console logging.
- Better overall reliability and performance.
- Obsolete plugins: Blekko, Google Scholar (Legal Opinions & Journals).
DEVONagent Express - Excellent Search app!
After finally getting it to show up on my MacBook (had to restart several times), I’m loving the convenient search capabilities! Just click on the globe icon, enter search term, and a drop-down list appears with thumbnails and summaries of the relevant sites. There’s also a drop-down listing for search engines. Then, simply click the site you want to visit. Highly recommend it!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 10, 2017
- Version: 3.9.6
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2011–2017 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor