By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 3.9.2
This release includes updated Twitter, Thumbnail Gallery, Audio, and Video scanners returning better and more accurate results. The update also improves the overall performance and reliability, and fixes bugs.
- Alignment of menu extra window in case of crowded menu bars.
- "Twitter" and "Thumbnail Gallery" scanners.
- HTML 5 support of "Video" and "Audio" scanners; "Video" scanner recognizes WEBM, 3GPP and 3GP2 videos.
- "Marketing" and New "Software" default search sets extended and updated.
- Advertisement filter.
- Following of links.
- Filtering of links to social bookmarking.
- UTF-32 support.
- HTML-to-text conversion.
- Handling of HTML/HTTP dates.
- Communication with background tasks; more reliable termination of tasks on quit.
- Revised startup alert in case of invalid installation outside of the Applications folder.
- Registration file is now stored in Application Support to avoid conflicts with preferences cleaners.
- Memory management.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Further minor improvements.
- Crash (caused by ShortcutRecorder framework) after changing the system appearance.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 08, 2015
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2011–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later