By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DEVONagent Pro helps you search more efficiently on the web. It searches multiple sources, frees you from hunting for the really relevant results, and gives you power tools for your research.
YOUR PERSONAL META SEARCH ENGINE
DEVONagent Pro is not a simple web search engine interface. It knows how to talk to search engines — and how to squeeze the best out of them.
DEVONagent connects to as many search engines as you want, collects the data, and weeds out the junk that managed to slip through. It also scans your favorite websites and notifies you when it finds something that matches your query. It can even do all of this while you're sleeping; the results will be ready before you pour your first cup of coffee.
GET THE GOOD STUFF, SKIP THE JUNK
DEVONagent Pro is all about filtering what you don't want and giving you the best tools to find more of what you really want.
DEVONagent Pro doesn't simply trust the search engines. It filters all returned results again, allowing you to use advanced Boolean operators, proximity operators, and wildcards of unlimited complexity — something no single search engine allows you to do. DEVONagent's "scanners" can even find e.g. thumbnail galleries or linked PDF or Office documents for you. When you've found what you're looking but want a little more detail, the unique See Also list contains related pages from elsewhere in the search results, online and even from DEVONthink Pro.
THE INFORMATION YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT
View the results as a list or as a smart text summary, and explore them with the topics map. Unread results are marked with a blue dot so that you don't miss the one important piece of information you're looking for. Finally, for viewing web pages there's DEVONagent Pro's specialized web browser. Extract images, RSS feeds, links, email addresses, even linked documents and save them for reference or reuse.
The integrated DEVONagent Express menu extra adds the power of DEVONagent to your menu bar and lets you run even complex searches with a single click.
SAVE YOUR RESEARCH AND COME BACK LATER
Research is not only about finding, it's about collecting data, sharing it, and using it to create something meaningful. DEVONagent Pro exports your filtered and trimmed-to-the-max research results in a variety of formats, from a simple list of bookmarks to comprehensive RTF digests and PDF reports. The searchable archive keeps them for later reference, or you can send your results to DEVONthink. You can save your search and continue later on, or even share it with others via email.
HOW DEVONAGENT PRO CAN HELP YOUR RESEARCH
Researchers: Stay up-to-date on your subject with scheduled searches. Search through specialized online databases, scan important web sites, and get smart summaries. Extract the key facts using DEVONagent Pro's research-centric web browser.
Students/Educators: Find better course materials faster, with DEVONagent Pro weed out the chaff. Cite references for your papers and extract images and lists of links with a single click. Save interesting results in DEVONagent's archive or in DEVONthink.
Journalists: Keep an eye on as many other information sources as you like and dig deeper into the subject you are writing about. Use the smart See Also function to learn more about the article you're reading. Save a search and return to it later if you get interrupted.
Lawyers: Search LexisWeb and FindLaw efficiently with advanced Boolean operations, and use See Also to find related data with a single click. Export comprehensive reports, or save the results for future reference in DEVONagent’s archive or in DEVONthink.
What's New in Version 3.9.5
This maintenance release addresses issues related to macOS Sierra. It also adds a new plugin for the Qwant search engine, makes it possible to exclude domains and links on the search set level, and updates a number of plugins and search sets. The update brings workflow enhancements and bug fixes too.
- Qwant plugin.
- "Exclude" tab added to "Search Sets" panel for excluding domains or links.
- "ScanTerm" plugin property added to define a term to filter results, e.g., instead of or in addition to the user's secondary query.
- Alerts dismissed with "Don't show again" can be brought back (see "Preferences > General").
CHANGED FOR MACOS SIERRA
- Renamed 'Mac OS X' to 'macOS' in alerts.
- HTML pages can be disabled for searches or search sets.
- "Help > Contact us" sends an email via the default email client again.
- Search syntax, e.g., operators or quotes, is removed before copying search queries to the find pasteboard so that "Edit > Find > Find Next/Previous" can be more often used immediately.
- Dropping search results onto e.g. Safari's bookmarks inserts bookmarks instead of exported HTML files.
- "Delete & Exclude Domain" is now an alternate menu item in contextual and action menus.
- "Google Scholar (Articles)" plugin.
- "Marketing" search set.
- Audio Files, Video Files, Thumbnail Galleries, and Linked Documents/Scripts/Sheets/vCard scanners.
- Advertisement filter.
- Compatibility to RSS 1.0 feeds.
- Compatibility of "Download Manager" (user agent is now identical to user agent of web views).
- "site:domain" operator in primary query terms is now stripped before matching to facilitate searching sites using the Google, Bing, and Web plugins or search sets using these plugins.
- Recognition of dates if neither the server nor the HTML metadata specify a date.
- Compatibility to HTTP proxies.
- Support for Bonjour servers including IPv6.
- Handling of URL credentials.
- Handling of large selections, makes the user interface more responsive.
- Saved searches include thumbnails, e.g. for DEVONthink.
- "File results in DEVONthink" action script can be easily customized to store web archives or PDF documents.
- Optimized crawling.
- Registration of macOS Services.
- Handling of background tasks.
- Checking for updates.
- Crash related to printing a text view (macOS Sierra).
- Issue where the full screen button of search windows didn't always work (OS X El Capitan and later).
- Issue where the contextual and action menus of results in browser windows didn't include the command "Delete Domain".
- Issue where the sharing popup menu of browser windows caused unnecessary console messages.
- Issue where the position of the menu extra was wrong if the menu bar was automatically hidden.
- Issue where "Help > Report Bug" didn't work if Apple Mail was the default email client (macOS Sierra).
- Issue where toolbar items caused console warnings (macOS Sierra).
- Glitches of properties inspector (macOS Sierra).
- Glitch of progress indication of the address field of browser windows (OS X El Capitan and later).
- Glitch of results list in browser windows.
- Redundant "Tab" menu items from "Window" menu (macOS Sierra).
- Redundant "Sharing" submenu of contextual menu of web views (macOS Sierra).
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 21, 2016
- Version: 3.9.5
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001—2016 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor