DEVONthink To Go
By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: DEVONthink To Go is a COMPANION to DEVONthink and DEVONnote for the Mac. It can be used stand-alone but unfolds its full potential ONLY when used in conjunction with these applications.
DEVONthink on the Mac keeps your documents organized. But what about when you are away from your keyboard? Put your documents into your pocket with DEVONthink To Go, the DEVONthink and DEVONnote companion for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. DEVONthink is the #1 pro tool on the Mac for document and information management and is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments to home, small, and medium offices.
With DEVONthink To Go you are more productive:
- Browse, view, and search your documents with the touch of your finger.
- Create new notes or take a picture of important information and convert it to a searchable PDF (requires DEVONthink Pro Office on the desktop).
- Take your DEVONthink or DEVONnote databases with you. Use the 'Sync' group to select only those groups and documents that are important for you.
- Use the global inbox to write down your notes without the need to immediately decide where to file it. If you use GTD you will know the idea.
- Quickly access all recently used items or view them as pin on a map. DEVONthink To Go stores your current location with every note you create on the go.
- Use the fast full text search to find the document you need with just a few taps. Use the power of SQLite on your mobile device.
- DEVONthink To Go honors the 'read' status of its Mac counterpart and can even be used as a simple news feed reader.
- Set a password for your databases on your Mac and keep them from prying eyes on your iPad or iPhone.
Use DEVONthink To Go as the companion to DEVONthink on the Mac to:
- Organize your paperless office
- Take archived correspondence, letters, invoices with you
- Write down ideas or enumerate tasks
- Extend your Getting Things Done workflow to your mobile device
- Capture bits of information with the iPhone’s camera or from the web
- Never again enter information twice
DEVONthink To Go displays plain text and rich text documents, images, bookmarks, web archives and HTML documents. You can create and edit plain text documents as well as take pictures with the device's built-in camera.
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
Icons by icons8.com used.
What's New in Version 1.5.8
Fixes issue with RTFDs not being displayed on iOS 8.3.
DEVONthink Mobile Is Still Unthinkable
Literally, for several years users have been promised that the advent of DEVONthink version two point whatever would take care of the mobile syncing problem. I don't usually write app reviews but sadly, even after version 2.9 of DEVONthink Pro Office syncing with the mobile client is still impossible.
UPDATE & EDIT - Last night I had given this app a terrible review because it seemed that the syncing problem was still unsolved. On further investigation, the firewall on my laptop, was preventing the Desktop app from receiving incoming connections! No idea how that setting was made. The issue was not with either the desktop nor the mobile version of the app. Now sync with the mobile app is fast and surefooted. I am so happy to be able to take my DEVONthink document databases with me.
Devonthink To Go .... A little short on features.
I've been using the DevonThink products on macs for a number of years. Using programs is so dependent on a stable operation system. This reason alone has pushed me back to the OS X (Mac) market. There are a very few programs I used on a PC that have no equivalent in the Apple environment. The Devon suite of programs meets my needs for outlining, cataloguing, collecting notes and thoughts. They are functionally the most useful products I have found for the Mac. I am now trying to use an iPad version of DevonThink... It is not up to their normal high quality. Hopefully it will be as useful as their OS X (Mac) programs. But now, it is dreadfully short on functionality! I have high expectations for them. They will improve it and make it a significant program on iPads!
John C Taylor
I have been a long time user and advocate of Devonthink. I have been waiting for them to create a functional mobile app for years. They keep promising, and seem to believe there are no consequences for slow development and no updates to their user base. Now, I'm done. This app will screw up your data, works very inconsistently and I no longer have any faith there will ever be a capable version. I am going to be moving away from the company despite using all of their desktop apps.
It's fine and understandable that development takes a long time, but being so silent about what's happening, and apparently not caring what your users need is not acceptable. Good idea and what a wonderful desktop program. But, I'm done waiting,and I will be informing my students and colleagues that I recommend they do the same. Huge bummer.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 1.5.8
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2010—2015 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.