DEVONthink To Go
By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DEVONthink To Go is the mobile companion to DEVONthink for Mac. Take your databases with you and organize your documents on the go. Synchronize your data directly on the local network, via Dropbox, or any WebDAV server. Strong encryption keeps your private data private.
DEVONthink is the no. 1 application on the Mac for document and information management. It is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments anywhere from home offices to corporations.
Use DEVONthink To Go to:
- Browse and view your documents
- Organize your files
- Open, edit, and save documents from any application that also supports iCloud Drive
- Capture notes, images, bookmarks
- Edit plain text files, RTF documents, and formatted notes (based on HTML)
- Annotate PDFs (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Link to your documents from other apps supporting URLs
- Search using a powerful search language
- Sync with DEVONthink for Mac or other iOS devices running DEVONthink To Go 2
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
This release adds support for directly sending scans from Readdle Scanner Pro to DEVONthink To Go. Version 2.1.4 features a completely rewritten "Action" menu for sharing documents and makes scrolling vertically through long PDFs much more comfortable. Markdown documents can use local CSS stylesheets, too, and the document provider extension is available on iOS 9 now.
- Support for directly sending scans from Readdle Scanner Pro to DEVONthink To Go (requires Scanner Pro 7.1.3 or later).
- "Action" menu completely rewritten and based on the iOS activity controller.
- Better vertical scrolling through long PDFs with a 'grabber'.
- Markdown documents can use CSS stylesheets.
- PDF library updated for improved reliability.
- Issue where entering a WebDAV password using 1Password didn't release the Save button without typing something else.
- Issue where it was possible to move pending records between databases.
- Issue where not all databases could be renamed from the database list.
- Issue where RTFs with tables could be edited and so damage the document.
- Issue where some 'create' URL commands didn't use the "location" parameter.
- Issue where the document provider extension wasn't available on iOS 9.
- Issue where the duplicate detection was updated unnecessarily on app launch.
- Issue where the title of PDFs sent by printing contained percent-encoded characters.
- Issue where the URL embedded into web archives showed the URL of the used decluttering service.
DT in my pocket
Continues to get better and better!
Works very well. Would like to see capture as PDF natively within the app as an option in a future release as we have on the mac. Very pleased.
Updates continue to improve app functionality and sync speed. Customer support from DT has been fantastic for me as well for the mac version. Great user forum support too.
Besides all the power DT on the mac brings to my archival and research needs, complementing with DTG on iOS is also a great solution for those who want the power of Evernote but don't want their data stored in Evernote's cloud. I've migrated over, closed my Evernote account, and haven't looked back.
Finally a full working brand new version! Works with Pencil on iPad!!
I have used the DevonThink system on my Mac for years. Fantastic system where you can store all your documents, emails, files of almost any format - .pages, .number, .xls, .doc, .pdf you name it. I use it as a great database of information on my Mac and now, finally a COMPLETE companion for mu iPad and iPhone. Can be used free-standing but I prefer the combination. I normally work on my mac but after a short wireless sync I can bring all my 27.000 email, documents etc inside my iOS device. Easy to search and fast and intuitive interface.
Most important - I OWN my information. No subscription fees as EverNote, no unsure storage in clouds (even if this version actually DO sync with Dropbox!)but I prefer WiFi syncing inside my own network and don´t like to pay my cellprovider for a lot of data when syncing when not at home. You can take notes, annotate .PDF:s and now even open your files in its native app like Pages, Numbers etc. just like the desktop version. No more open in...
Most inportant is that the companies strategy seems to be - you pay once and then you own it - no monthly fees and I love that! I did purchase a PRO update for 5 bucks just for the possibility to synch either ALL or just the metadata so I can save som space on my iPhone. iPad 128GB so there I sync 100% of all my data.
I have been waiting for this app for over two years so feel very happy today. Just tested the app for a day but already amazed. Don´t expect DevonThink to be extremaly easy to start with, but when you are in you can not live without it. I still have music in iTunes, my pictures in Photos but have been able to concentrate ALL other files including mails in nice folders in DevonThink.
I have about 13GB of data and have yet to see a crash!
What it always should have been
Finally DT can replace Evernote and all note-taking apps.
DTTG2 is simply the killer iPad and iPhone app. Even the web clipper is great.
I have never experienced the sync issues other reviewers mentioned. Large libraries do take a few seconds to synchronize, but if you wait for it to finish, you will not have problems.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 15, 2017
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 104 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2010 – 2017 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Package$7.99