DEVONthink To Go is the mobile document management solution for iPad and iPhone. Store and organize your important documents on the go. Synchronize your data directly on the local network, via Dropbox, or any WebDAV server with DEVONthink for Mac. Strong encryption and app-wide Face ID/Touch ID/PIN code security keeps your private data private.
DEVONthink is the no. 1 application on the Mac for document and information management. It is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments anywhere from home offices to corporations.
Use DEVONthink To Go to:
- Browse and view your documents
- Organize your files
- Use your documents from the iOS Files app
- Open, edit, and save documents from any application that supports file providers
- Capture notes, images, bookmarks
- Edit plain text files, RTF documents, and formatted notes (based on HTML)
- Edit and annotate PDFs (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Edit tables (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Link to your documents from other apps supporting URLs
- Search using a powerful search language
- Synchronize with DEVONthink for Mac or other iOS devices running DEVONthink To Go 2
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion and is integrated with Readdle Scanner Pro.
This maintenance release fixes a crash during indexing PDF documents. Version 2.7.1 deletes temporary data as soon as it's fully uploaded to iCloud and prefers IPv6 for direct connections. It also improves the overall robustness of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Bugs and dated interface keeps it from being great
Update: Had a sync problem that escalated and it drove me over the edge for quitting this app. The good thing was how easy it was to recover my data and get it out of the app. The bad news was that I couldn’t fix the sync problem and couldn’t figure out how to reset sync. Customer support is great, but it was clear that solutions to sync issues requires starting at the Mac, and since I can go weeks without access to my Mac when traveling, the system seems too fragile for me. I am impressed with how safe my data was during the problem, but I can’t afford losing access to files while away from the Mac.
Original review: I looked at DEVONThink years ago and there wasn’t enough there on the iOS side at the time. I had forgotten about it until my organizational system started to get strained recently and I began searching for new apps. I’m glad I came across DEVONThink again, as the iOS app, especially on the iPad Pro, has become truly useful. Within a couple of days, I was fully into the DEVONThink ecosystem and saving a lot of time and energy in pulling together all the bits of my work. Can’t wait to see how the app further develops.
I used evernote for years, a decade or more. I had heard of DEVONthink, but always along the lines that yes it is a good program / app, but it is too complicated. So when evernote starting playing fast and loose and continued to refuse encryption, I dabble with a few others and was on Apple Notes (after the rewrite) and Together and later Keep It. As I have over 6,000 notes in about two dozen Notebooks – well now we call them Groups, the others did not sync well. DT is EXCELLENT. DT is NOT complicated. My main database is on my MacBook Pro, and it syncs with my iPad, phone, and Mac Mini with Bonjour. I am not rocket scientist, and had the sync up and running in minutes. I use a ScanSnap scanner to get actual paper into the system. There are TONS of additional ways to save to DT. The search excellent.
My dad always said the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago – My only problem with DEVONthink was not switching sooner.
I spent all this money and all I got was a revolution in my workflow
So, I’m going to start with this: this suite of applications is very expensive. If you’re not a content-heavy professional, it may be too expensive for you.
On the phone, this app is good for reading and clipping, but not much else.
On the iPad, holy moley is it useful! I can clip a PDF of a webpage and draw on it, I can bookmark links and work directly in the application.
Tonight I spent three hours marking up design documents and requirements using nothing but my iPad!! That all required the Pro features, though.
A couple of needs:
- You need to save cookies. My corporate documents are behind 2FA, and the resetting of all cookies each time I go to another document is just hard. I’m constantly having to enter my password and manage a push notification
- let me resize text bubbles!
- work better with OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner, please. I use those tools a lot.
- work on the file management a bit more, please. It’s hard to only see one folder at a time.
- needs outlook support
This app is really useful, I’m glad I bought it. I hope you don’t release the new version next week and make me pay for it, though. This stuff is expensive.
- DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- 150.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010–2019 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Package $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.