DEVONthink To Go is the mobile document management solution for iPad and iPhone. Store and organize your important documents on the go. Synchronize your data directly on the local network, via Dropbox, or any WebDAV server with DEVONthink for Mac. Strong encryption and app-wide Face ID/Touch ID/PIN code security keeps your private data private.
DEVONthink is the no. 1 application on the Mac for document and information management. It is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments anywhere from home offices to corporations.
Use DEVONthink To Go to:
- Browse and view your documents
- Organize your files
- Use your documents from the iOS 11 Files app
- Open, edit, and save documents from any application that supports file providers
- Capture notes, images, bookmarks
- Edit plain text files, RTF documents, and formatted notes (based on HTML)
- Edit and annotate PDFs (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Edit tables (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Link to your documents from other apps supporting URLs
- Search using a powerful search language
- Synchronize with DEVONthink for Mac or other iOS devices running DEVONthink To Go 2
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion and is integrated with Readdle Scanner Pro.
This maintenance release focuses on improving reliability and fixing minor bugs and glitches.
Ratings and Reviews
I used evernote for years, a decade or more. I had heard of DEVONthink, but always along the lines that yes it is a good program / app, but it is too complicated. So when evernote starting playing fast and loose and continued to refuse encryption, I dabble with a few others and was on Apple Notes (after the rewrite) and Together and later Keep It. As I have over 6,000 notes in about two dozen Notebooks – well now we call them Groups, the others did not sync well. DT is EXCELLENT. DT is NOT complicated. My main database is on my MacBook Pro, and it syncs with my iPad, phone, and Mac Mini with Bonjour. I am not rocket scientist, and had the sync up and running in minutes. I use a ScanSnap scanner to get actual paper into the system. There are TONS of additional ways to save to DT. The search excellent.
My dad always said the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago – My only problem with DEVONthink was not switching sooner.
I spent all this money and all I got was a revolution in my workflow
So, I’m going to start with this: this suite of applications is very expensive. If you’re not a content-heavy professional, it may be too expensive for you.
On the phone, this app is good for reading and clipping, but not much else.
On the iPad, holy moley is it useful! I can clip a PDF of a webpage and draw on it, I can bookmark links and work directly in the application.
Tonight I spent three hours marking up design documents and requirements using nothing but my iPad!! That all required the Pro features, though.
A couple of needs:
- You need to save cookies. My corporate documents are behind 2FA, and the resetting of all cookies each time I go to another document is just hard. I’m constantly having to enter my password and manage a push notification
- let me resize text bubbles!
- work better with OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner, please. I use those tools a lot.
- work on the file management a bit more, please. It’s hard to only see one folder at a time.
- needs outlook support
This app is really useful, I’m glad I bought it. I hope you don’t release the new version next week and make me pay for it, though. This stuff is expensive.
This app allows me to find what I need
I used to waste so much time searching for content I created or had collected. Was it in My Documents, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, iCloud, SharePoint, Confluence, network drives... Recently I started using GoodNotes for handwritten note taking, because it will automatically backup those notes as searchable PDFs in my Box directory with categories as sub directories. This allows DEVONthink, to index my handwritten notes and I can find them based on keyword searches along with associated emails and documents. The Mac version of DEVONthink, gives me the ability to organize further based of AI analysis of unique words to help find related documents. I have been happy using DEVONthink for over a year now and highly recommend it.
- DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- 136.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010–2018 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Package $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.