DEVONthink To Go
By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DEVONthink To Go is the mobile companion to DEVONthink for Mac. Take your databases with you and organize your documents on the go. Synchronize your data directly on the local network, via Dropbox, or any WebDAV server. Strong encryption keeps your private data private.
DEVONthink is the no. 1 application on the Mac for document and information management. It is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments anywhere from home offices to corporations.
Use DEVONthink To Go to:
- Browse and view your documents
- Organize your files
- Open, edit, and save documents from any application that also supports iCloud Drive
- Capture notes, images, bookmarks
- Edit plain text files, RTF documents, and formatted notes (based on HTML)
- Annotate PDFs (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Link to your documents from other apps supporting URLs
- Search using a powerful search language
- Sync with DEVONthink for Mac or other iOS devices running DEVONthink To Go 2
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
This maintenance release fixes an issue introduced with version 2.1 where DEVONthink To Go claims that the database couldn't be moved to its new location. In addition it improves the overall performance and adds new hidden commands and settings for customer support purposes.
- Hidden menu command for initiating a full re-sync, hidden settings for customer support purposes.
- Marking many items as (un)flagged or (un)read no longer blocks the UI.
- Background activity should block the UI less.
- Item lists no longer update during mass changes.
- Informative notification when forced reindexing begins.
- Issue where DEVONthink To Go claimed that it wasn't possible to move the database even though it was.
- Issue where item lists kept updating even though they were no longer on screen
- Issue where updating the caches used too much memory.
- Issue where caches were saved too often.
Cannot recommend this app enough!
I use DEVONthink To Go all day every day for collecting all sorts of information. Everyday I am grabbing Twitter links/web pages and quickly throwing them into DEVONthink to access later. But it doesn't stop there, my entire PDF library lives within my DEVONthink databases and when I'm in a meeting I can quickly pull up DEVONthink To Go and have access to all of them. I use DEVONthink exclusively as my note and research tool, all day I am throwing more and more information into DEVONthink and it handles it all with ease.
With the 2.1 release you can now use DEVONthink To Go as a Document Provider, which is probably the best feature they have added to date. I have moved most documents that I kept outside of DEVONthink into my databases as I can now easily open the live file in another app, make my changes and save it back without leaving a copy of the file in the editing app. The document provider feature is an in-app purchase and well worth the money to support an amazing company who is continuously updating the app.
Again, I cannot recommend this app enough!
The best deal in doc management
It's not the prettiest app. It's not the app with the most features. It's not the best document editor. But for those looking to manage their documents anywhere, DT is now the best deal -- functionality by price, it beats Evernote and everyone else by miles.
"Sync store" and "sync location" turned out not to be as complicated as they sound. This is a solid, industrial-strength tool for people needing a reliable, secure document database.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2010—2016 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Package$7.99