Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
This maintenance release addresses a sporadic crash when accessing the preferences on macOS Mojave. We also fixed a few issues people had with Brother and Epson scanners. The URL of clippings from the Brave and Vivaldi web browsers is now captured and we improved the use of Spotlight importers. Additionally, we improved support for syncing files indexed in local Google Drive folders. The overall reliability has been the primary focus of this release.
Ratings and Reviews
No Use Research, Serious or Otherwis, Without It
Have been using DevonThink since it was first introduced. There are no viable alternatives to the ease with which I can surf the web, select data as a text or pdf I might need for later reference from the website, and add or move that data to the relevant database via the Sorter. Once added to a database, I can move data or duplicate it to other databases as needed. The program has proved stable and reliable over the years, and there have been numerous updates adding new features. There are currently over 2,000 files (text, pdfs) in five databases. Data can be accessed by title, etc., and by a seach that creates an index showing probabilities or relevance across databases for the search word or phrase. My databases range from recipes, personal and investment documents, to databases containing search for several academic book projects. Higly recommended.
Excellent Database Program & Support
I have been using this program along with their Pro Office program for years. I switched from PC to Mac and needed to find programs that were like my PC programs. I started with the DevonNote program and soon upgraded to the DevonThink Personal. After using it for some time, I also purchased the DevonThink Pro Office program. There have been issues along the way, such as the Mac OS being updated but then DevonTechnologies support were right there to respond to my emails and request for help. (A special shout out to Jim Neumann for his troubleshooting skills). Overall, there is no program I’ve seen that can handle the note and document organazition I require.
Great and a question
I’ve just started using this and so far very good.
I’d like to import my data from evernote. Do you have plan to add that function to App Store version of Devonthink?
- DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- 23.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2001–2019 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.