Dexcom G5 Mobile
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is the only device that lets you treat without pricking your finger.*
Use this app if you have the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System.
Medicare beneficiaries should not use this app. The beneficiary may NOT use their phone for display of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) data and still be eligible for reimbursement by Medicare for Therapeutic CGM.
The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System provides real-time glucose readings for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes every five minutes. With Dexcom G5 Mobile, dynamic glucose data can be accessed and shared safely and conveniently anywhere, anytime to your smart device.
* CGM-based treatment requires fingersticks for calibration; may result in hypoglycemia if calibration not performed or symptoms/expectations do not match CGM readings.
The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System provides personalized trend alerts right on your smart device and lets you see when your glucose levels are going too low, or too high, so you can better manage your diabetes. You will receive certain Dexcom system alerts and the Urgent Low Alarm even if your phone sound is off, set to vibrate, or in Do Not Disturb mode. This will allow you to silence calls or texts but still receive CGM alerts. Alerts that you will continue to receive, even if your smart device is silenced, include: Urgent Low Alarm; Low and High Glucose alert; Rise and Fall Rate alerts; and certain critical system alerts. Custom alert sounds are available, including a Vibrate-Only option on the phone for glucose alerts other than the Urgent Low Alarm.
In addition to the exceptional performance provided by the Dexcom Sensor, you’ll receive other valuable features:
• Intuitive and user-friendly interface
• Dexcom SHARE® remote monitoring is built into the G5 app, allowing you to share your glucose data with up to five followers, who can remotely monitor your glucose data and trends on their compatible smart device with the Dexcom Follow app. Share and Follow functions require an internet connection.
• HealthKit access so you can share retrospective glucose data with third party apps
• Today view widget, which allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
View your glucose information, trend graph, and alerts and alarms right from your wrist with the Dexcom G5 Mobile Apple Watch app:
• Use the digital crown to scroll through 1, 3, or 6 hours of glucose trend data
• Dexcom G5 Mobile complications allow you to view your glucose number and arrow from your watch face
• Add the Dexcom G5 Mobile app to the Dock and enable background refresh for best performance
What's New in Version 1.7.3
- OS compatibility updates
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Alerts are horrible, loud and can't be turned off
I've reported the issue with not being able to use silent or do not disturb with the app, but Dexcom has said they do not see it as an issue, and do not plan to fix it.
It is incredibly embarrassing and rude to have a phone make loud beeping noises during important events like weddings or funerals that you can't turn off. I was able to restore to the previous version of the app that respects silent and do not disturb modes.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 53.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DexCom, Inc.
- © 2017 Dexcom, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.