By Chris Pritchard
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Dexter is an app I decided to make in my spare time because I like Pokémon and I like making apps. It is completely free and I have no plans to add any in-apps or any of that rubbish, I just wanted there to be a simple and sleek app for people to use. It's currently in an early stage and I plan to add much more!
• View information on all current Pokémon
• See 3D sprites for all different forms and shiny varieties of Pokémon
• Search by name, type, ability and generation
• View Pokémon's moves, stats, abilities and evolutions.
• View information on all moves, abilities and items.
• Keep track of what Pokémon you have caught with the Pokémon Checklist
• Plan out your competitive teams by picking Pokémon, natures, EVs, moves, abilities, items etc.
• Compare two different Pokémon's stats
• Any other ideas you may have!
What's New in Version 3.4
- Different themes now have different icons (Requires iOS 10.3+)
- Added external links to Move detail
- Added a missing form
- Fixed types showing up in the type checker before their generation
- Fixed some missing items
- Fixed a wrong egg group
- Fixed long press not showing info in team builder
- Fixed team builder stat cell custom buttons not working
My Go-To for Pokémon
Honestly, it's the most convenient and well-rounded source for individual Pokémon information on the app market or internet, outside of sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii. It's essentially what a real-life Pokédex would be like. If you want quick information on any particular Pokémon, this is the app to download. Also, a recent and super-small addition in which the app's icon color changes along with your selected theme inside the app warms my soul. Having a blue theme with a red icon was literally the only fault I had with the app, and it wasn't even a real fault. Dexter is going to have a home in my phone for a long, long time.
Great app but a few problems
This app is great for creating teams, looking up Pokémon, reading about attacks, and all kinds of information like that. It's very helpful and it's almost the perfect Pokédex. Oh and can I just say that the color changing theme thing is cool AF.
1) There are two Latiosite items when searching a item to put on a Pokémon.
2) Marshadow has been out for a while now but isn't included in this app.
3) Despite having all the different forms of Pokémon like Furfrou their designs don't appear in the sprites section.
4) There are a few spelling mistakes. In Machamp's Saphire Pokédex entry the word "helpless" is spelled "hapless". In Bellspout's Silver Pokédex enter the word "water" gains a random space in it making it "wa ter". There are other examples too.
5) Not all Pokémon have every version. For example not every Unown form is included. Also Pyroar only has it's male form while other Pokémon have both (like Meowstic). Another thing missing is Vivillon's Pokéball pattern. There are other Pokémon too.
The Best Pokédex App Out There
I have been using this app for a year now, and it is great. From everything to abilities to TMs to level-up moves and even key items, this app has all the information you could need. The occasional bug is fixed within the blink of an eye. Attention to bugs and details is perplexing-- especially the new colored icon feature. I highly recommend this amazing app for anybody who needs Pokémon information quickly and easily. An easy five stars!