Dexteria Dots - Get in Touch with Math
By BinaryLabs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap, drag, and swipe your way to a deeper understanding of the fundamental math concepts: addition, subtraction, and number sense. Encounter fun "monster" rewards and infinite replayability. This is serious learning wrapped in an engaging, intuitive touch game for kids age 2-8.
* Selected by Apple as a Best New App in Education
* "The genius of this app is just how simple it is." - Review by KidsAppCentral.com
* Winner of Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
* "It should become a common core math app in each classroom." - Kidsread.wordpress.com
* Rated 5/5 Stars on AppyMall.com
* "Fun, addicting game action inspires learning with play." - iPhoneMom.com
* Rated "Best of the Best" by BestAppsForKids.com
WHY KIDS WILL LOVE IT
- Aesthetically pleasing interactivity
- Endless gameplay with multiple mastery levels
- Cool sound effects and animations
- Sense of accomplishment
WHY PARENTS AND TEACHERS WILL LOVE IT
- Simple to use for even the youngest children
- Teaches fundamental Math concepts in an intuitive way
- Runs on iPhone and iPad
- Covers number sense, counting, addition, subtraction and relative size.
- Supports several Common Core Standards
WHY OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS WILL LOVE IT
- Players use visual tracking & fine motor skills
- Helps practice visual memory
- Requires visual motor planning
MORE ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY
Each dot has 4 attributes: numeral, pips, color, and size (e.g., a 4-dot is twice the diameter of a 2-dot).
At the Beginner level, all 4 attributes are displayed as kids solve problems. As the difficulty level increases, one attribute is removed, until they reach Expert mode where they must solve problems based on size only. Each level can be played as many times as they like, resulting in wide age range appeal and endless fun. Bonus dots provide some fun surprises along the way.
Our favorite comment during kid testing was from an 8 year old who was staring at the game screen, with her finger poised over the play field. When asked what she was doing, she said “I’m planning my next set of moves.” We could see the wheels turning, and it was very gratifying to see that an app with such simple interactivity could make for engaging cognitive challenges. Please check it out and let us know what you think!
We're serious about your privacy. This app does not track or share your personal information with us or anyone else. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Not what I expected
I had hoped that this would be a fun application. Sadly it is quite boring. As a parent I am second guessing this buy. I guess I will see how my children respond. I will update my review once they do.
Finally a math app that engaged my 6 year old daughter! Thank you!!
My daughter loves this app, my son likes it
My son, who has been struggling to learn fact families, likes this app. It is helping him to have better number sense. He is in 3rd grade, is very bright but also has a very slow cognitive processing speed. My daughter, who is 4.5, loves the app. It is sort of good for such a young child, but definitely can be a challenge. Hard for little hands to use more precise gestures that you need.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 53.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BinaryLabs, Inc.
- © 2014 BinaryLabs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.