Dexteria Dots - Get in Touch with Math
By BinaryLabs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"The genius of this app is just how simple it is." - Review by KidsAppCentral.com
** Selected by Apple as a Best New App in Education **
* Winner of Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
* "It should become a common core math app in each classroom." - Kidsread.wordpress.com
* Rated 5/5 Stars on AppyMall.com
* "Fun, addicting game action inspires learning with play." - iPhoneMom.com
* Rated "Best of the Best" by BestAppsForKids.com
Learning about Math has never been so fun!
From the makers of the award-winning Dexteria family of apps comes a new universal app all about Math. It combines the intuitive interface of a touch app with conceptual math challenges into a fun learning game for kids age 2-8.
WHY KIDS WILL LOVE IT
- Aesthetically pleasing interactivity
- Endless gameplay with multiple mastery levels
- Cool sound effects and animations
- Sense of accomplishment
WHY PARENTS AND TEACHERS WILL LOVE IT
- Simple to use for even the youngest children
- Teaches fundamental Math concepts in an intuitive way
- Runs on iPhone and iPad
- Covers number sense, counting, addition, subtraction and relative size.
- Supports several Common Core Standards
WHY OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS WILL LOVE IT
- Players use visual tracking & fine motor skills
- Helps practice visual memory
- Requires visual motor planning
MORE ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY
Each dot has 4 attributes: numeral, pips, color, and size (e.g., a 4-dot is twice the diameter of a 2-dot).
At the Beginner level, all 4 attributes are displayed as kids solve problems. As the difficulty level increases, one attribute is removed, until they reach Expert mode where they must solve problems based on size only. Each level can be played as many times as they like, resulting in wide age range appeal and endless fun. Bonus dots provide some fun surprises along the way.
Our favorite comment during kid testing was from an 8 year old who was staring at the game screen, with her finger poised over the play field. When asked what she was doing, she said “I’m planning my next set of moves.” We could see the wheels turning, and it was very gratifying to see that an app with such simple interactivity could make for engaging cognitive challenges. Please check it out and let us know what you think!
We're serious about your privacy. This app does not track or share your personal information with us or anyone else. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Not worth the $3
This app presents good ways to learn the concepts of adding and subtracting and how they can be thought of as combining and separating. Unfortunately, at the harder levels, it just assesses the students on their ability to memorize rather than to know addition or subtraction. A student may also simply click a bunch of random numbers until they get the correct answer. I would want to use this for my child before they start learning addition and subtraction in written form, but there are other ways to promote these concepts than paying $3 for this app.
My kids love Dexteria Dots!
My boys go to this app every time I let them play my iPad. I like that it is so creative. My older boy (8) loves making bonus dots and my younger (5) likes making the different numbers in new ways. I like that they are learning Math concepts while having fun
Finally a math app that engaged my 6 year old daughter! Thank you!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BinaryLabs, Inc.
- © 2014 BinaryLabs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.