DFind - Advanced File Search
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DFind lets you perform advanced file and folder searches on your Mac. Need to find all files containing a certain text? Need to find files created in the last hour? Need to find large files that take up all your disk space? Only remember the partial name of a file and don't know where it's located? Then DFind is for you!
- full disk search that does not use the OSX spotlight index
- fast search algorithm
- integrated app usage guide
- search by name or partial name
- search for files containing a certain text
- search in specific locations
- search in sub-folders with the ability to limit depth
- search for hidden and system files
- filter searches by creation and modification date
- filter searches by minimum and maximum size
- search for date ranges
- search for size ranges
- sort results by path, size, created date and modified date
- QuickLook integration
- realtime search results display
- open items directly from DFind search results list
- ability to Copy and Move to Trash selected items
- ability to Copy Paths for selected items, resulting in a formatted text
- retina display support
- fast load time
- low CPU usage
- support for OSX 10.6 and newer
- FREE updates for all versions
And much more!
If you spot ANY bugs or glitches, send an email to email@example.com as we cannot respond to AppStore reviews.
Additionally, if you have any feature requests send an email and all efforts will be made to have them integrated in the next release.
Thank you for your support!
What's New in Version 2.0
It's finally here, the biggest DFind update yet!
- added regular expression (REGEX) capability when searching
- added current file path when searching for text inside files
- added support for Yosemite vibrancy effects
- added a quick DFind guide (accessed through the ? button)
- improved search engine speed by at least 2x
- reduced memory usage by 75% while searching inside files
- updated user interface
- fixed a bug where the name and content textfields were not updating their corresponding options immediately
- stability improvements
- other minor bugfixes you probably won't notice
Thanks again to everyone who reported issues!
If you spot any problems or have any feature suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ability to search by time is a life saver
No matter what tools you use, a lost file may not always turn up in search results for name, keywords, even filetype. Searching for a lost Pages document was impossible using other methods, but DFind uncovered the bizarre .zip file and related pages document that no other search could uncover. Using the time it was last saved and the file size, I was able to narrow the file results very quickly.
It’s important to note that DFind turned up files otherwise hidden from OS X, even after revealing all hidden files using a Terminal instruction. This was a truly lost/deleted document.
WASTE OF MONEY - DOES NOT WORK AS STATED
I was hesitant to spend 9.99 on an app that I could not try first but I was so desperate to find an app that really does search the content of all my word files that I gave this a try. NOT ONLY DID IT TAKE 20 MINUTES TO SCAN ONE FOLDER OF WORD FILES BUT IT DID NOT FIND THE CONTENT I SEARCHED FOR AS A TEST — BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE FILE IS THAT CONTAINS THAT NUMBER!! I honestly feel like I deserve a refund as this app does not even do what the description states that it does. If there were a negative rating then I would have sellected that.
Crashes most of the time
I like the way looks and feels but it crashes before it finishes the search so its of no use.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 12, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian
- Seller: Cristian Ciorba
- © 2013-2015 DevStorm Apps
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later