Documentation is the first service to be included in dgBirds.
You can download for free the dgBirds app and use it to import your documents from your tablet or synchronize them from Dropbox or Google Drive. Documents are displayed on shelves organized by libraries.
The app allows you to:
- Import documents from your tablet (“Open in”).
- Synchronize documents from your Dropbox account or Google Drive account.
- Be notified of new documents.
- Easily browse through PDF, audios (AAC, WAV, MP3) and videos (MOV, MP4).
- Search words into PDF documents.
- Personalize your documents (notes, bookmarks, handwritings with or without stylus, highlighting).
- Organize your documents as you want: create, rename and reorder as many desktops as needed.
You can also connect to your dgBirds account to:
- Synchronize documents from dgBirds servers as administrated and distributed.
- Be notified of new versions of documents, or get them without any notification.
- Acknowledge reading of versions as requested by your administrator.
- Get and navigate through revisions of documents.
- Get pre-versions of documents to be checked or validated, before final recipients.
- Keep your document personalization when revised (notes, bookmarks).
- Have your notes, bookmarks and desktops saved and restorable when needed.
- As a “reviewer“ of a “review” version of a document, you can edit a “review note” per page, to detail changes or give relevant information.
- As a “recipient“ of a document, you can navigate through all “review notes” to easily take into account all changes.
- Split the landscape viewer to compare two consecutive versions of a document.
- Send a feedback, a typo or report an issue on a given page.
An operational mode (OPS) is available to safely start a mission:
- It ensures that mandatory documents are synchronized.
- It restricts users from inappropriate actions.
The dgBirds "Inbox" is the entry point of all imported or synchronized documents. The dgBirds application notifies you whenever a new document is published and available for you whatever the source is (Dropbox, Google Drive, dgBirds server). All documents are visible through your "Inbox" as long as needed. It allows you to be aware of new documents or new versions of documents (revised documents).
A “night" mode and a “no screen sleep" mode are useful in special operational environments (for instance, in a cockpit).
All administrated documents are securely distributed to tablets and the administration platform has a high SLA.
This Documentation solution is a perfect innovative, robust and secured Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) solution for commercial pilots to fly paperless. It could also be the electronic backup of your primary paperless solution. It allows pilots to take into account new and revised ops manuals before they become applicable and to use them in operations.
dgBirds may also serves any need or business that requires users to carry their reference documents when in mobility during their full journey away from their base. For instance, it includes rail and maritime transport, education, health, critical industries and IT Entreprise Content Management services.
Here is a release that corrects several bugs identified thanks to your feedbacks. But we also took time to improve the app:
• Added a new option to share PDF file with or without annotations.
• Quick Start booklets are now accessible through the Settings.
Resolved bugs or issues:
• Fixed a bug that made the app crash when synchronizing documents.
• Fixed a bug that made actions on a local document not accessible.
• Fixed a bug when removing a document from the inbox.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.