• Stream dharma talks and guided meditations
• Find the most recent talks
• Search talk titles and descriptions by keyword
• Find talks by specific teachers
• Search a teacher's talks by keyword
• View talks you have previously played
• Share links to your favorite talks
• View teacher information
• Support teachers with your donations
• The app does not currently support downloading talks for offline playing. If you wish to play talks offline you may download talks from the Dharma Seed web site and sync the talks to your iTunes library on your iOS device.
• Access to talks using a “retreat code” is not currently supported.
Teachers offer their talks via Dharma Seed with the kind intention of dana, or generosity. These teachings are held to be priceless and made available to anyone who is interested, regardless of financial means. It is our deep wish and the wish of the teachers who offer teachings here that this continue. We also want our meditation teachers and Dharma Seed to thrive and continue their good work! To learn how you can offer support, please go to About - Donate in the app, or visit: dharmaseed.org/donate
We hope you enjoy the app and find the offerings beneficial.
May all beings be happy.
• A new player interface with support for jumping forward and back a few seconds while a talk is playing.
• Talk descriptions and playback buttons are accessible from any talk list screen.
• Support for iPad
• Landscape orientation support, adaptive user interface sizing for all iOS devices, including the iPhone X.
• Immediate updates to search results as search text is entered.
• Access to teacher information on talk playback, including links to donate to teachers.
• Updates for iOS 11
Thanks to our users for the feedback and notes of gratitude. While we cannot implement all of your requests we do pay close attention to all of your feedback. If you have found the app to be of benefit to your practice App Store reviews are always appreciated and help more people discover the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing catalog of Buddhist teachings, talks & meditations
Thank you to Dharma Seed for compiling such an incredible catalog of talks & meditations.
Some functions that would be helpful would be a “favorites” section so one can easily star talks they’ve listened too. Additionally a “wishlist or listen later” section w would be great as I often am browsing through talks and see a number of them that I would like to listen to at a later point.
Love this app
I’ve come to use it regularly when I want to listen to talks about meditation practice and other life wisdom. The selection is amazing and continually growing.
I’d love it if this app provided a 15-sec rewind or fast forward function, like on Apple’s podcast app, that way I can relisten to parts I didn’t fully hear or want to think deeply on. The current time selector is too coarse; I end up rewinding by two or three minutes.
I use it everyday
The cellphone can be an incredible distraction but it can also be a channel for something deeper. Dharma Seed is the best that the cellphone has to offer. I’m a meditator in the Insight tradition and being able to listen to talks, guided meditations and retreats allows me to connect deeper with the Dharma every day. This is one of the best apps ever.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.