Diabetes In Check
By Everyday Health, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep your TYPE 2 DIABETES IN CHECK – every day. This is the MOST COMPREHENSIVE diabetes app on the market. You’ll get all the tools and the most-up-to-date information you need to help you:
• EAT BETTER
• GET ACTIVE
• LOWER YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
This step-by-step app was designed by a Certified Diabetes Educator, and created by Everyday Health, the #1 digital health information company.
WHAT YOU GET FOR FREE:
DIGITAL COACHING BY A CERTIFIED DIABETES EDUCATOR
• BLOOD GLUCOSE TRACKING: Enter your BG levels to see how food, exercise, and stress impact your condition
• MEDICATION TRACKING: Set reminders and trackers to stay compliant, so you keep your BG in control
• FEEDBACK: Get constructive feedback to help you improve your condition
• REMINDERS: Never again forget to measure your blood glucose, take your medication, or track your food and exercise
TOOLS TO EAT RIGHT
• CARB TRACKER - Search a database of over 80,000 foods, and see their impact on your BG levels
• BARCODE SCANNER - Quickly track the carb and nutrition facts for all your packaged foods
• WHAT TO EAT – Consult the quick reference guide to find out: "Can I eat _____?"
• 100’s OF RECIPES - Enjoy delicious diabetes-friendly recipes and pretty photos
• SAMPLE MEAL PLAN – A Healthy menu of easy to make recipes
TOOLS TO GET ACTIVE
Find tools to help you set and track exercise goals, and get the motivation you need to achieve success. Even exercising 20 minutes a day can help you keep diabetes in check.
• MESSAGE BOARDS - Join a community of over 200,000 people who are also living with Type 2 Diabetes. Post your personal questions, share success stories, and provide support to others
• TIPS - Get hourly tips from @diabetesfacts, the leading twitter handle for diabetes news and advice
DATA THAT’S EASY TO SHARE WITH YOUR DOCTOR
Quickly send your data via Excel to your doctor so you can review your progress during your next appointment.
PLUS, SUBSCRIBE FOR $3.99/WEEK TO GET:
• MEAL PLANNER – Get quick and easy daily menus of diabetes-friendly recipes and take the guesswork out of healthy eating. Subscribe for $3.99/week to get a customized meal plan - just use your iTunes Account and pay. Your upgrade will auto-renew each week. Auto renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Ready to get your TYPE 2 DIABETES IN CHECK? Start right now!
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Bug fixes and maintenance
Comprehensive and easy to use
I've tried all of the diabetes trackers on iTunes and this one is by far the easiest to use and the most comprehensive. A previous tracker I was using didn't remember what times I test my blood sugar and made me choose them every time. This may not seem like a big deal, but when you have to input data several times a day, extra steps add up. I do wish it had a realistic range for oral medication dosages (I take 2000 mg/day and the scale only goes up to 500 mg), and I haven't figured out yet if there's a way to export your info (e.g., to print it out for your doctor). Tracking foods is easier than in most diet apps.
To the reviewer who gave it one star because you have to create an account: I guess you must not use any other online data services. This app syncs your data across platforms. How do you expect that to happen without an account to ensure the security of your data? If you don't trust cloud-based services -- and there's certainly good reason not to -- then don't use it, but there's no reason to downgrade the app for such a common feature. I object far more to the charge of $4 per week to use the community options. Sheesh, that's pricey!
After being recently diagnosed with diabetes, I didn't know where to start in terms of what to eat and how much I could have of certain items. This app has tremendously helped me to adapt and cope with this huge life change. It makes keeping track of carbs, calories, insulin, and blood glucose so easy! It can be a little buggy at times and doesn't have a huge library of foods and brands, but you can add your own items and brands. I would highly recommend this app to anyone with diabetes, and especially anyone who is newly diagnosed and could use some direction.
Custom food database is broken!
This app is excellent at recording food items and nutrition values for every meal and every snack you eat. However when a food item is not found in its permanent database, you have to add that food item manually. Normally you can then use that custom food item as often as you like for as long as you like. I have some favorite custom food items that I have used for two years in this app.
Unfortunately the custom food database is broken. New food items that I add and apply to a new meal are immediately forgotten, and it instead substitutes an old, different food item from the custom database.
I have to find a different app until this has been fixed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Apr 28, 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Everyday Health, Inc.
- © 2014 Everyday Health Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Diabetes Meal Plan - Weekly$3.99