"This app has been amazing for tracking my carbs and glucose levels since I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes." - User Review
Got gestational diabetes? This App helps you track all of the factors that keep your blood sugar balanced during and after your pregnancy. Log nutrition and exercise information as well as oral medications and insulin. Also, you can record different insulin types plus unique foods and exercise routines. You can email the logbook as a PDF formatted report with charts that you can share with your doctor.
* Glucose logbook to track blood sugar levels
* Carb and calorie details for over 100,000 foods, 500 specific food brands, and 300 popular fast food and casual dining restaurants
* Customized information for the foods, exercises, and medications unique to your life
* Enter nutrition details for other packaged foods
* Record your own insulin types
* Track glucose, insulin, and medications
* Log when you ate
* Adjust serving sizes to see the exact amount of carbs in your meals
* Be able to monitor glucose levels (mg/dl)
* See what you need to stay on track.
* Build a "favorites" list of foods and exercises for quick entry
* Create pre-set entry categories like "100 calorie snack" or "morning coffee with creamer"
* Utilize exercise calorie per minute values specific to your weight, time spent, and type of exercise done
* Enter direct calorie or carb values displayed from cardio machine workouts
* Create customized exercise routine entries, such as 200 calorie yoga class.
* A complete restaurant list is available at http://www.coheso.com/nutridata
* Creates an automatic food journal that can be shared with doctors and clinicians
* Incorporates a regularly updated food and exercise database every time you update this App
* Does not require a connection to the internet, so you can stay connected to your health anytime, anywhere.
* Email your log information that can be opened by any spreadsheet program.
Since 2003, Coheso, based in Pleasanton, California has been making health management tools. Healthy eating tips and other useful information are at http://www.coheso.com
- Minor bug fixes
- Fix IOS8 related issues
Ratings and Reviews
The app has places to record the food you are eating, glucose, exercise, and weight. But, as others have said, I'm shocked by how many foods aren't listed. A nice addition would be the ability to scan food products, and have it upload nutrition info from there (as I know other apps can do). Also when I try to go into 'recent foods', it seems to crash the app. It does the job, but so many ways it could be better.
Ok, expected more with the price of the App
The app does track certain things, e.g., glucose level and food. However, would have given a better rating if it had more food choices (it doesn't even have some popular food brands such as Chobani and some common restaurants) which must enter manually. For the price of the app, I was expecting more and it does crash more often than I expected.
A lot to be desired- especially for the price
I read the negative reviews- but still couldn't find another app that tracked food and glucose. I concur with other reviews that the price is a lot considering the limitations with the food list and not friendly way to add food. With that said- in trying to log mozzarella, I couldn't find it until I scrolled through every cheese and found that it is misspelled - mozarella!!! Seriously? $6 for this?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.