Diabetes Pilot Classic
By Digital Altitudes, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** NEW CUSTOMERS: Search for "Diabetes Pilot Pro" (using the App Store's 'Search' or 'Related' section) and download that app instead of this one. "Diabetes Pilot Pro" is the latest and greatest version, with many new features! This is an older version, made available to support our existing customers **
Diabetes Pilot is the premier tool for managing diabetes on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Developed by professionals, backed by an established company, and designed and supported by people with diabetes who use the software themselves - it's fast, flexible, complete, and easy to use. It works by itself or in combination with our Mac, PC, and iPad apps (available separately). Read more below!
Diabetes Pilot is designed for all people with diabetes - whether you use insulin, other medications, or just diet and exercise, Diabetes Pilot can help you organize and analyze your information.
- Synchronizes record data and foods with our Mac, PC, and iPad apps (sold separately) for easy backup, editing, import/export, and creating more elaborate reports. Your data is kept under your control, on your own devices, for reliability and privacy.
- Records glucose (mg/dL or mmol/L), medications, meals, exercise, blood pressure, weight, and notes about test results or any other information that's of interest to you.
- Includes an integrated food database with reference information on thousands of foods. Tracks carbohydrates, calories, fat, protein, fiber, sodium, cholesterol and other nutrients. Scan barcodes on food packages to add foods to your record!
- Graphs your daily glucose readings and weight so that you can study trends. Copy the graphs to your photo album for future reference or to send to others via email.
- If you use insulin, Diabetes Pilot can estimate your insulin for meals and correcting high glucose. If you don't use insulin, Diabetes Pilot works great for tracking your other medications, too.
- Helps you find trends in your blood sugars. Estimates your HbA1C.
- Categorizes records using any system that you'd like. Use these categories to focus on particular situations, times of day, or other patterns that are of interest to you. Create reports to study the trends in your glucose readings within each particular category.
- Sends reports and exports data via email. Create reports and send them to your doctor. Export your data and copy it to a spreadsheet or other software.
- Diabetes Pilot is supported by a solid company that's been making diabetes software for many years. Contact us anytime - you'll get a prompt and knowledgeable response.
Use the program alone or in combination with Diabetes Pilot for Mac, Windows, or iPad (sold separately) for analyzing, printing, and saving your data on your computer. For more information, visit our website at http://www.diabetespilot.com/
What's New in Version 5.5.0
Updated to allow exporting data to Diabetes Pilot Pro
I have been a type I diabetic since 1964. I'm now age 80 years and have been using an insulin pump since 1989. This program has been indispensable going back as far as one of the early palm smart phones. It not only provides good record-keeping, the algorithms are extremely helpful in determining insulin doses both for food and for high blood sugar. I have never learned to use the food database very well, and I use another food database to look up foods. Also my wife has an encyclopedic knowledge of various foods and their carb contents.
My one suggestion is that you make it possible to use different insulin/carb ratios at different times of day, as at different mealtimes.
I am certain many more diabetics join me in offering heartfelt thanks for this program. I also appreciate the variety of reports which can be constructed with this program.
Very Good App - Some Suggestions
I have tried several other diabetic apps but Diabetes Pilot has been the easiest one to use. While it's database of foods is not the best one I've seen, it does have a fair range of foods listed. I am surprised that market chains like Arby's and Boston Market get fair representation but others like Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds are not represented. Also, products from Snapple, Starbucks, Lean Cuisine, etc. would be welcome. I have other apps that do include these sources.
Syncing my iPhone or iPad to the Mac desktop program (via WiFi) is a neat feature. I hope that in the near future, the iPhone/iPad apps will also allow one to select from a saved meal that has been stored on the Mac Desktop.
Reports are nice (on both the computer and iPhone/iPad). I would suggest that a setting to graph only actual glucose readings daily (not averages) could be produced without other elements being measured. Also, adding in test results, such as A1C would also be nice.
All in all, I recommend this app! Looking forward to future updates!
How can you manage your diabetes without this tool?
I've been using this App since 2009, when I was first diagnosed. I can tell you know that maintaining a traditional log would have probably resulted in my doing a really bad job logging everything, everyday. I love that this app allows a lot of customization and that I print out logs for my doctors.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 5.5.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Digital Altitudes, LLC
- © 2014 Digital Altitudes, LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.