Diabetes Pilot Classic
By Digital Altitudes, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** NEW CUSTOMERS: Search for "Diabetes Pilot Pro" (using the App Store's 'Search' or 'Related' section) and download that app instead of this one. "Diabetes Pilot Pro" is the latest and greatest version, with many new features! This is an older version, made available to support our existing customers **
Diabetes Pilot is the premier tool for managing diabetes on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Developed by professionals, backed by an established company, and designed and supported by people with diabetes who use the software themselves - it's fast, flexible, complete, and easy to use. It works by itself or in combination with our Mac, PC, and iPad apps (available separately). Read more below!
Diabetes Pilot is designed for all people with diabetes - whether you use insulin, other medications, or just diet and exercise, Diabetes Pilot can help you organize and analyze your information.
- Synchronizes record data and foods with our Mac, PC, and iPad apps (sold separately) for easy backup, editing, import/export, and creating more elaborate reports. Your data is kept under your control, on your own devices, for reliability and privacy.
- Records glucose (mg/dL or mmol/L), medications, meals, exercise, blood pressure, weight, and notes about test results or any other information that's of interest to you.
- Includes an integrated food database with reference information on thousands of foods. Tracks carbohydrates, calories, fat, protein, fiber, sodium, cholesterol and other nutrients. Scan barcodes on food packages to add foods to your record!
- Graphs your daily glucose readings and weight so that you can study trends. Copy the graphs to your photo album for future reference or to send to others via email.
- If you use insulin, Diabetes Pilot can estimate your insulin for meals and correcting high glucose. If you don't use insulin, Diabetes Pilot works great for tracking your other medications, too.
- Helps you find trends in your blood sugars. Estimates your HbA1C.
- Categorizes records using any system that you'd like. Use these categories to focus on particular situations, times of day, or other patterns that are of interest to you. Create reports to study the trends in your glucose readings within each particular category.
- Sends reports and exports data via email. Create reports and send them to your doctor. Export your data and copy it to a spreadsheet or other software.
- Diabetes Pilot is supported by a solid company that's been making diabetes software for many years. Contact us anytime - you'll get a prompt and knowledgeable response.
Use the program alone or in combination with Diabetes Pilot for Mac, Windows, or iPad (sold separately) for analyzing, printing, and saving your data on your computer. For more information, visit our website at http://www.diabetespilot.com/
What's New in Version 5.5.0
Updated to allow exporting data to Diabetes Pilot Pro
Better Than The Update.
Found THIS version of the Ap extremely useful. Despite it's inability to cross-sync data via a hardline/Sync cable. ESPECIALLY when this method of data transfer would probably be easier and DEFINITELY more secure. Being security conscience, NOT having to access an online server JUST to transfer/archive my PRIVATE Medical Data between my phone and my laptop/computer would have BEEN appreciated. But then I paid for the updated version and it only got worse.
With the update trying to push me into accessing, a food database I had no interest in or use for. A database that was ensconced behind a proprietary, monthly fee, Pay Wall, with no apparent way to Opt-out? I ended up fast dumping the New Version and going back to THIS, simpler, less intrusive, version.
Suppose the Classic Version has a year or two of life left in it before PhoneOS updates make it completely unusable. Then, perhaps, I'll be moving on to another Ap Author who, hopefully, will be more interested in providing a useful tool. And less interested than DiabetesPilot, in obtaining my daily blood sugar numbers (for whatever reasons/3rd Party Customers) while pushing me into renting access for info I don't NEED.
I have been a type I diabetic since 1964. I'm now age 80 years and have been using an insulin pump since 1989. This program has been indispensable going back as far as one of the early palm smart phones. It not only provides good record-keeping, the algorithms are extremely helpful in determining insulin doses both for food and for high blood sugar. I have never learned to use the food database very well, and I use another food database to look up foods. Also my wife has an encyclopedic knowledge of various foods and their carb contents.
My one suggestion is that you make it possible to use different insulin/carb ratios at different times of day, as at different mealtimes.
I am certain many more diabetics join me in offering heartfelt thanks for this program. I also appreciate the variety of reports which can be constructed with this program.
Love the app, but.....
You guys really need to do some cleanup on your foods database. Foods that say "1 serving" are not helpful. Or those that list only grams. There are two serving types that are most useful - ounces for most things, and cups for liquids. You sometimes have dozens of entries for the same food, and if I peck around long enough, sometimes I can find one with a portion size I can work with. Sometimes not. One suggestion would be for you to combine foods that are the same, and let me pick the appropriate serving amount after selecting it. Another would be to show the serving portion on the first screen so the user can see it before making their selection. I'll increase my star rating if you improve this. As is, I have to give low marks.
Oh - another thing. Make for a seamless migration to the more advanced app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 5.5.0
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Digital Altitudes, LLC
- © 2014 Digital Altitudes, LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.