Travel in safety with the largest supplier of licensed taxis in Central London.
Booking a taxi on the Dial-a-Cab App is quick and easy:
- Enter your personal details one time only.
- Use GPS to pick you up from your current location, or search for your address.
- Specify a destination address or choose "As Directed".
- Select a date and time.
- Book your taxi!
The Dial-a-Cab App has many features:
- The App uses the latest encryption to protect your personal data.
- You can be picked up from your current location.
- Search for a pickup and destination address.
- Filter search by Stations and/or Airports.
- You can save addresses to your favourites, making booking a taxi even quicker.
- Once a booking is made, you can view the status of it at any time.
- When your taxi is on the way, you can track the driver including the taxi registration number.
- Should you need to, you can cancel your booking with one tap.
- To save you time in the future, you can copy a previous trip from your history when making a new booking.
We have a 24/7 call centre who are always happy to help. When your taxi arrives, you will receive a telephone call.
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/dialacab
This new version provides users with the ability to modify their bookings.
We have also fixed a few minor issues.
Ratings and Reviews
So bad it warrants a review
In a market where Halo, Uber et al are eating the taxi networks' and taxi drivers' lunch, you'd expect incumbents to try extra hard. Instead, it's almost as though the good people at dial a cab instructed their developers to ensure they build the opposite of any intuitive, desired feature in their app.
The design is outdated and the UI is clunky - not the end of the world... But the user experience is an absolute joke.
You have no idea what the status of your booking is or how soon the driver will arrive, if at all. When the status field reads "Vendor Accepted" it actually means "we know you want a taxi, we'll deal with it at some point". Of course the only way to figure this out, after waiting for a few minutes, for the app to tell you something, is to call (yes, call) dial a cab, and enquire. The response was "your booking will go into the system really soon".
So, dial a cab indeed! No need to install this app: if you ever need to dial a cab (halo has no taxis, uber has no cars, your feet have gone numb, etc), just call their number!
Terrible app, I set my location and the company called me asking where I was. The app had set my location wrong! I told them the address, had to wait finally taxi showed up and I HAD TO PAY For the taxi fare while he went to the wrong location my cab fare started at 13 pounds!!! Ridiculous, never using app again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.