Dialogue is a unique tool for writers which makes screenwriting easy and enjoyable. Writers can then format the screenplay into a PDF or convert the text content as fountain script.
Current Features Include:
- Ability to create characters and identify character dialogue count.
- Create and organize scenes.
- Predictive chat automatically selects previous speaking character.
- Speech-to-text allows you to dictate your characters dialogue.
- Ability to reorder chat bubbles.
- Convert screenplay to PDF or export to fountain script for desktop.
- Character builder to create unique avatars for characters.
- Image import for character avatars.
- Entry version that can be upgraded.
- Simple on-boarding to quickly get into screenwriter.
- Dark theme to make writing enjoyable day and night.
- Fixes general bugs.
- Fixes an issue where deleting the last scene in a screenplay causes the app to crash.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the idea, but...
The app is a great idea and fairly executed, but some polishing still needs to be done. Some of the toggles aren’t fitting on the screen in the setting menus and the app still crashes when scenes get to large (not that big even) or when there are more than 4 characters in a given scene. I would also like the ability rotate the screen orientation so I can use it with an iPad wireless keyboard case without popping the device out and propping the device up next to my keyboard. As it is now the screen is locked in portrait orientation. Love the concept, but could use some tweaks. Keep at it!
Love it so far
Like a few other people have mentioned I’m using this as an easy way to flesh out the dialogue for a story. It’s very easy to use and intuitive, and I’ve already decided to get the full version as I can tell I’ll be using it a lot. However at the moment I’m not able to export the scene that I’m writing. When I try to hit the share button from export to desktop the app freezes, and when I try to export to a PDF the app crashes. With this working smoothly it would be five stars for sure.
I’ve already fallen in love with this app. I don’t write screenplays, rather traditional stories but I always end up scripting the dialogue first so this app is perfect for just mapping out the conversations between my characters. The only things keeping that fifth star away are some minor bugs: crashing when I add a piece of dialogue, deselecting the existing characters I want to add to the scene (if I have to scroll, the characters at the top are deselected), etc. I’m sure these will be fixed in the near future though!
- Carbon Studio LLC
- 52.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Carbon Studio LLC - 2018
- In-App Purchases
- No Limits $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.