By Martin Barnard
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The fast contacts app for the iPhone
Your app should be smart enough to know who your favorites are. It should know what number you want to call. It should know who you mean when you type someone's initials.
* Call, text or e-mail any contact in 1-3 taps
* Super clean design with custom qwerty keyboard
* Fast launch
* Is a great listener
* Learns who you call, text or e-mail the most and helps you find them faster (All stored locally, never shared)
* Almost makes it safe to make a call while driving. (But we can't say that)
* Features a theoretical shade of green that has never existed before (R:153 G:198 B:64). Back in the 90's Rob stated, "No, I believe this color exists!" And today we have it.
* Each tap on our keyboard equals 5 on yours
"New and Noteworthy" - Overall
"What's Hot" - Overall
"Staff favorites" - Overall
"New and Noteworthy" - Productivity
"What's Hot" - Productivity
* This is not a contacts manager! It is a contact contacter
* iPods and iPads will only be able to e-mail, unless they have a google voice client they ask Dialvetica to use.
* This app has ONLY the features listed below. You are paying for speed, user experience and ease of use, not features.
* You must first USE Dialvetica to contact people before it can learn who your favorites are. When you first open the app, contacts will be unsorted.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Lots of promise, but current version still just OK
EDIT: No update since December 2012. Is development dead? Still no way to paste numbers into dial pad. Deal breaker for me in this otherwise good app. At least we now have iPhone 5 support...
Nothing nearly as mind blowing as other reviews seem to hint. Almost, but not quite a replacement for the native phone app. Come on, after 6 months or a year, STILL no feature to paste phone numbers into the dial pad?! That's a must!
STILL very slow to start. Resets your typing if finishes loading after you start typing. These bugs make it very difficult to use to its full potential. Further (less importantly), it has has a VERY HARD TIME with duplicate contacts from different sources, e.g. iCloud and Exchange.
It may very well be the best third party dialed out there... just not good enough yet. Please update these issues, developer folks. The app has lots of promise -- I would LOVE to leave a five star review. Almost there!
Fast, efficient contact app
Dialvetica is fantastic. It keeps track of who you contact the most, so I often only need two taps to open the app and select a name to start texting. Its smart search also brings up the name I need within only a couple letters.
This is the best contact app I've found. I've tried others but none are as simple or fast. Thanks for a great app, guys!
Update: devs fixed the crashing, but not the top contact is almost completely covered up, making your #1 contact the most difficult to use. Once that's fixed I'll make this 5 stars, the rating Dialvetica deserves when it's working properly.
Can't bear to give it one star, because it was indispensable before it started crashing. When it works it's worth five stars and more. Please fix it soon devs, or we'll have to start looking for alternatives.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Martin Barnard
- © 2010 Mysterious Trousers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.