Dictionary! by Wordset
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dictionary! is an easy to use, no fluff dictionary app for your iPhone, powered by the community at Wordset.org. It helps you find words when you need to without getting in your way.
The entire dictionary is installed on your phone! If you are offline or out of cell service, your app has tens of thousands of definitions right on your phone, no delay, no connection issues. If you have a connection you can look it up online for a more detailed definition. Built the way a dictionary should be!
* Super fast searching
* Full Dictionary on Phone
* Synonyms / Thesaurus Inline
* No Connection Required!
* Advanced Spell Check / Sounds Alike
* Short, Simple Definitions
And, unlike the competition, since we are powered by volunteers who are continually updating the dictionary, every software update we do will include a whole new, improved version of Wordset.
What's New in Version 7.1.1
Version 7.1.1: Fixes an issue where the fonts might become unreadable in certain lighting conditions.
New Features in this 7.1 Release! 20,000 definitions have been improved by our users in this release!
* Force Touch now allows you to find a random word or go straight back to search
* Swipe now brings you back on wide-devices
* Added Wordset words to the search index on your phone, so now search works from anywhere!
* Fixed an issue where certain words would crash the app
* Fixed an issue where clicking "Go" before search was done would crash the app
* Fixed an issue where words with strange encoding might break styles
Disappointed- Don't Download
I've had this app for a very long time and used to use it very frequently. It went through an update that includes a new design and name, and since then, it's been awful.
Every time I open it, a message pops up saying "Purchase: In-App Purchases are not allowed." I do have my settings so that I can't purchase anything in apps, but my issue is that this prompt pops up every time for no reason. And if there is a reason, that would mean the app is asking me to buy something every time I open it (but because I've disabled that function, I'm not seeing the prompt to purchase something). It's so annoying and unnecessary. The app used to be great before all the update and changes. Very frustrating. I'm deleting the app and looking for another dictionary. Bye Wordset.
I used to have the old version before it was "wordset" or whatever happened, and it was good. I used to use it all the time, but while I do like the more modernized look and feel, they don't have the option to look for synonyms and now there's annoying ads. Not gonna pay 5$ for just a dictionary when I could go get a free app for free that has more and better features
I have had the app since the beginning of its' availability on the iTunes store and before it became a democratized model. I am completely okay with this collective-building dictionary ; in fact, I think it is very clever. With time (and more popularity), the app has the potential to become one of the best dictionary apps.
Also, I have two suggestions:
1. Is it possible to get an etymology for the words? This is a big problem for me since I am trying to learn the structure of words.
2. A Today Widget with search capabilities would make this app incredibly more useful!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 01, 2015
- Version: 7.1.1
- Size: 58.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wordset, Inc
- © 2008-2015 Wordset, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dictionary! Pro$4.99