Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus
By Dictionary.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming and Slang Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
What's New in Version 7.4.3
I use the enhanced version of Dictionary with all the bells and whistles and couldn't live without it. It has broadened my vocabulary and is only a tap away when I'm needing a quick definition for a document I'm reading. I love the thesaurus and the practical application of the word in sentences. I'm a freelance writer and the quick knowledge I receive about a subject keeps me up to date and well informed on the many topics I cover.
This is one of my favorite and most used apps. I use it at home and on the go. I use it at work when writing my nurse's notes; when writing my blogs; and even while listening to lectures when I hear words that I don't understand. I highly recommend this app. I have no use for the rewards, though. I'm glad to hear it's discontinuing.
La-la-love this app!!!
I use this app multiple times a day, every day. This app is really easy to navigate, doesn't take up a bunch of space on my iPhone 7, and I've never experienced any functionality challenges. I appreciate that this app tracks the words I search for future reference, and I enjoy developing my vocabulary with "the word of the day".
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 04, 2017
- Version: 7.4.3
- Size: 110 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Dictionary.com, LLC
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade$2.99
- 100 Voice to Text Searches$3.99
- Encyclopedia upgrade$2.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade$2.99
- Remove Ads Upgrade$1.99
- 300 Voice to Text Searches$0.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade$1.99
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Translator Upgrade$0.99
- Offline Database + No Ads Bundle $2.99