Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus
By Dictionary.com, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming and Slang Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
What's New in Version 7.4.4
A wonderful tool for elementary students too.
My daughter uses this app almost everyday as a companion to reading her novels. She oftentimes comes across words she is unfamiliar with. The dictionary app provides a quick way to access words while she still holds onto her book. We also did homework together last night and the thesaurus feature was wonderfully designed so that one can search antonyms and synonyms while effortlessly switching back to the definition of the original words and newly found words. Lastly, this is a "must purchase" app. You'll experience the app best by having no interruptions. This is important especially if you want a child to use it to build vocabulary while reading independently.
Good, but nagware.
Good definitions, by also a constant nag to buy more stuff. I wish they would quit the nonstop nagware. It damned old already. If they don't fix it soon then I'm going to start giving a one-star review with each update. Also, you need to stay the hell out of politics else I'll just delete the app altogether. It's not like it's that hard getting a definition from the damned internet.
I understand the frustration with mpoints. All the other mpoints apps have been doing the same. I don't know how much longer mpoints will live. But I still like this app. I have both lite and paid versions. But I'm obviously deleting lite now that mpoints is gone.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 25, 2017
- Version: 7.4.4
- Size: 108 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Dictionary.com, LLC
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade$2.99
- 100 Voice to Text Searches$3.99
- Encyclopedia upgrade$2.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade$2.99
- Remove Ads Upgrade$1.99
- 300 Voice to Text Searches$0.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade$1.99
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Translator Upgrade$0.99
- Offline Database + No Ads Bundle $2.99