Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus Premium
By Dictionary.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only Dictionary app you will ever need. Works offline!
Dictionary.com is the leading English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 definitions and synonyms.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Now included in our Premium App:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
What's New in Version 5.2.1
- NEW Apple Watch features: Word of the Day, voice search and more
- Bug fixes
If I had this app btwn 60's & 80's
I'd have a Masters degree in English at the very least.
I went to Jr college after 1st 4 yrs serving my country in USMC. 72-76. Worked full time, w/ wife, 1 st born, house pmt and 10 plus hrs per day with San Francisco Pepsi Cola Co. Took me 3.5 yrs to receive two AA degrees going to class nights and Saturdays. Graduated 1982. Had my head in several dictionaries from 72- to 82 just for class, had all books you offer on my desk at work, home and spent ALL Saturdays in college library; all Sunday's studying at home.
Today's generations have no clue what they have at their disposal to assist them in balancing studies with work, being a husband, father, employee etc; etc....😞😁🇺🇸. Along with attempting to have a " Life"
LOL NO CLUE!!!
This is one perfect app! I so appreciate this one. I especially appreciate the audible pronunciation of the words you look up, that is such an excellent feature because some words are hard for me to pronounce so with this feature you get the help you need. My Mom was my dictionary for years. My siblings and I would always call on her for spelling help or word definition help. She has since gone on to be with the Lord but with this app, it's like having her here again!! Great job and thank you much!
Essential to me
I love this app and use it constantly. The pronunciation function is particularly useful because of all the foreign words it includes. (I often find words here that are not in my Larousse French dictionary.) The app was an enormously helpful resource for grad school as I could quickly access information while reading or check out suggestions for synonyms while writing papers. Highly recommend!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 34.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Dictionary.com, LLC
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Encyclopedia upgrade$2.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Translator Upgrade$0.99
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade$1.99
- set of 100 voice to text searches$2.99
- Idioms & Phrases Upgrade$1.99
- Science Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Expert English$2.99
- Slang Upgrade$1.99