Flashcards by Dictionary.com
By Dictionary.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards by Dictionary.com is 100% FREE and offers everything you need to master words and learn vocabulary while still having fun! Create your own word lists or choose from 500,000 lists. Learn and master words on the go! **Bonus: Premium content packs to give you a boost on the Common Core Standards.
- Create your own or choose from over 500,000 word lists.
- Find lists for your grade level or favorite subject matter, or to help you prepare for tests including SAT and ACT.
- Select your study method: flashcards or quizzes.
- Sync your online and mobile app progress.
- Study offline without an internet connection.
- Learn correct pronunciation with the audio feature on every card.
**BONUS: 4th, 5th & 6th COMMON CORE CONTENT:
- Master tricky homophones, such as “its” and “it's,” “effect” and “affect”.
- Expand your vocabulary with Greek and Latin roots and prefixes.
- Deepen your understanding of essential grade-appropriate words and their antonyms.
- Learn key literary devices such as irony, metaphor, and personification.
This free app contains options to share content via social media.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Redesigned universal app for iPhone and iPad
- New premium content for the Common Core Standards
- Improved tools to create lists
- Track your favorite word lists
- iOS 7 update
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Performance improvements
If you delete "my list" one more time...
I have created 3 lists since I started using this yesterday and they have all been deleted. The first one was totally my fault as I didn't know you had to have 5 words to create a list (which I thought was weird). Then I started a new list w/10 words and it was fine. Last night I open the app to add another word to my list...and the list is nowhere to be found. So I created the list again...I opened the app just now and what do you know...the list has magically disappeared again. I love the idea of having the words I'm trying to learn in the form of a flash card type of app but come on, there are only so many times I can take creating the same list. Maybe develop a cloud or sync system to help w/this.
Please make the suggestion list go away!!!
I downloaded this app today and love the idea of it. It's simple, and just what I needed as a foreigner who is learning English.
One annoying problem though! As another reviewer mentioned, the suggestion list of words is so annoying!!! As I type a word, the list just pops up right over my keyboard, which makes it unable to type and doesn't make the process any easier as the list is way too ling to actually look for the word on it. Let's say I am looking for the word "encompass". The list pops up as I type "enc" and shows every single word that stars with "enc". Please just make the list go away completely or make it show up above the keyboard without actually covering it!
Dear friend and family, this app is very educative. You can access anytime anywhere without restriction . You can learn from elementary level to college level. If you don't have this app, you are missing vital thing to help you in your studies, you can improve your vocabularies within no time. I am urging you to have it before they demand money for it.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 27, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dictionary.com, LLC
- Dictionary.com, LLC. Copyright © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.