By Panic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An incredible, powerful, and portable text editor that does a lot.
THE SHORT VERSION:
• A stunningly full-featured text editor
• Works on both the iPhone or iPad
• Editor features Clips, Find & Replace (with placeholder!), Context Keys, Super Loupe, much more.
• Local or Remote file management
• Remote protocols include FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, DreamObjects, and FTP (Plain, TLS, SSL) support
• Air Preview for use with Coda for Mac
• SSH Terminal
• Much more!
THE LONG VERSION:
Coda for iOS is a text editor, with syntax highlighting, clips, find replace, the works. But it also has a full file manager, allowing you to work with files locally or remotely. It has a cool keyboard with context keys and an amazing super loupe to set your cursor. It manages 'sites' so you can quickly get to work, and it'll even sync those sites. It'll preview your pages, of course. And we've also thrown in a full-featured SSH terminal. It's an incredible app.
SITES. The foundation of Coda iOS: create a site for each of your projects, local or remote, and quickly get to the files you need to edit. Better still, use our free Panic Sync service to sync these sites with Coda Mac and Transmit iOS, securely and quickly.
FILES. We've been building file managers for a really long time — we've got this. Local, remote, or any mix of the two. Edit, rename, duplicate, create folders, upload, download, you name it, you got it.
EDITING. Tap a file to land in our highly-optimized text editor, which syntax highlights your code with ease. Now, try this: move the insertion point. Whoa. That's the Super Loupe, magnifying magic we think is the best way to precisely set your cursor. And only Coda iOS has it.
CLIPS. Have a handful of code bits you re-use a lot? Tap the clips icon in Coda iOS, and load them in. Now you can insert them with a single tap.
FIND / REPLACE. Let’s say you accidentally inverted the values of your width and height tags. With our find and replace banner — and its breakthrough wildcard button — you can easily replace or swap or re-arrange your text.
TERMINAL. Really? Like, a full-featured SSH client built-in? Sure! Not only is it great value for your money, but it's also great help to getting your work done. Connect to your sites with a tap, and get the full-featured spot-on emulation of Prompt.
TABS. Quickly switch between your open documents. I know, it's obvious. But still.
CONTEXT KEYS. We've added a special section to your iOS keyboard that gives you the most useful, helpful special characters, automatically. It takes a lot of the pain out of writing code on a piece of glass.
AIR PREVIEW. A really special thing. Paired with Coda 2 for Mac, Coda iOS can act as a dedicated "preview screen", showing you a preview of what you're coding on the desktop — as you code. It's a great use for an iPad that's just sitting around, being lonely.
We've put a desktop-class amount of work into Coda iOS. It's truly a pro app. But, it's not hard to learn. And most amazingly, you're getting an incredible amount of power at a killer price. Buy it today!
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Hello! More improvements to your favorite (we hope) coding app!
New in 2.1.1:
• Spotlight Search
Your sites will now appear in the iOS Spotlight search results. Tapping a site will open that site in Coda!
• External preview support for Firefox and Chrome
• Support for spell checking in the editor
- Sites created in earlier versions of Coda are now displayed in Spotlight search results
- Preview now correctly displays pages served over HTTPS
- Resolved a problem that could prevent custom fonts from being imported
- Terminal beep no longer affects audio playback from other apps
- Markdown files are now rendered correctly in preview
- Improved stability when undoing auto-completed text
- Numerous improvements when using an external keyboard in the editor
- Permissions related error messages are now displayed properly
If you missed it, New in 2.1:
• External Preview
You can now preview your local HTML documents in Safari when running in Split Screen on the iPad!
Tap and hold on the Preview button in the editor and choose "Open in Safari…”
Coda will even trigger a Live Reload in Safari when you save a document.
This is a very cool thing. You should totally try it.
(Requires an iPad supporting Split Screen, such as the iPad Air 2.)
• 3D Touch Support
Your three most recently opened sites will now appear in the quick actions menu when using 3D Touch on Coda’s home screen icon.
• Switched the UI font from Proxima Nova to San Francisco
• EditorConfig support
• Sass syntax mode
• Rust syntax mode
• Added Command-Tilde as an alternate Completions shortcut for keyboards without an Esc key
• Added a setting to configure the number of simultaneous transfer connections
So powerful - one missing piece
This app is INCREDIBLE, aside from no import option except FTP. You have to go through another app (EG Dropbox), copy the file to Coda, and then send back out to the selected app once your changes are done.
Git would be incredible, but I'm not holding my breath! I can't expect too much on an iPad.
Superb tool - powerful and gorgeous
This tool let's my iPhone and iPad level up and in many cases do what I normally needed my mac to do. Very powerful, very well-designed, professional software tools well worth the price.
First, I own coda 2.5 on Mac and it's my favorite website building software. Coda on iOS is equally impressive but 1/10 the price! This is a steal, especially if you have an iPad pro.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 24, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Panic, Inc.
- © 2015 Panic Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.