Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DietController is a calorie counter and diet diary.
Record the foods you eat in an easy to use spreadsheet that counts your calories and other nutrients.
Keep track of your food intake, exercise and body measurements throughout your diet.
* Spreadsheet style logging of food data, type directly into the food log.
Log food intake by:
1) Clicking on the relevant meal line.
2) Start typing food name to show dropdown of matching foods, choose food, press Tab to advance to quantity field,
3) Enter quantity, press Tab to open a new line and advance ready for the next entry.
Undo, redo, cut, copy and paste supported.
Alter log entries by simply selecting the cell and typing the new value.
* Smart search, searches as you type, shows the most likely items first (order takes into account your favorites and foods used before).
* Converts between different units, log food intake using g, oz, lb and various portion sizes (examples: 12g, 1.5oz, 2slices, .5pie).
* Add new food definitions on the fly (if you cannot find a food in the database, you can quickly create a new food definition).
* Create new foods from lists of ingredients (recipes).
* Create menus (lists of foods, e.g. 'My Cereal Breakfast') for fast entry of multiple items in a single operation.
* Tracks Calories and 31 Nutrients.
* USDA based food database, over 7,000 foods with multiple portion sizes.
* Include exercise in your daily calorie equation, 200+ exercise database.
* Manage a list of food favorites.
* Weight and body measurement tracking.
* Create charts and reports of your data.
* Customizable, change nutrient columns, colors...
* Backup and restore your database.
* Export data to comma separated (.csv) files for import into a spreadsheet.
* Supports multiple users all sharing the same food database.
* Does not require internet access.
* Keep your Calorie counter data private (on your own Mac), password protect your data.
The tools and information in DietController are intended as an aid to dieting, and do not offer medical advice.
This software is not intended for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or for any person under the age of 18.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
* Added menu option to save charts as png images
* Added menu option to save reports as html files
Very helpful app
For $5.00 this is the best money I’ve spent in a long time. I was trying to keep track of everything I ate with just a hand written journal, a couple of calorie counting books and a calculator. This app has saved me a lot of time. I do like using it a lot. Like some of the other reviews I would like to have it on my phone as well or at least be able to input from the phone what I eat when I eat it, but this is ok for now. I’ve been using it for a month and have gotten over the first big hump in my Atkins diet plan. I was having problems during the third month of my diet and could only loose about 2 pounds during that month. Since I’ve been using this app during the last month (the forth month of my diet) I have been able to sustain an average of just over 1.5 lbs weight loss every week. Yes I have taken control of my diet with the DietController. I am still learning to use the program as currently I have yet to figure out how to use the goals portion and I am wondering if there is a way to modify them once I reach my goal weight as I believe this app can be a valuable tool to maintain a healthy weight once I loose the excess body fat. I highly recommend this app and am very happy with this purchase.
Deserves 10 STARS!!
Best App I have ever purchased! This one has it all if your on a real serious diet or a weight lifter. I find it simple to track my calories, protein, carbs and fats. The fact I can put my specific brand of protien drink and how I choose to mix or make it on the daily tally is the best thing ever!! That, and keeping track of calories burned during works outs keeps me pumped to maintain consistency. The graphs help push me to maintain or smash goals. This app is worth so much more than 5 bucks if you have been hashing out your daily meal plans on paper. It’s also super easy to just play with a days diet plan and delete it if you think you want to change things up for a day. Thank you so much for making the number crunching, which I hate more than leg day, easy!! I can’t even think of anything to make it better. WELL DONE DEVELOPER!! WELL DONE!!!
Invaluable if you want to take charge of your health
I train in martial arts and am very strict with diet in order to keep healthy and build strength and endurance in various workouts. This program has been critical in tracking and understanding health problems related to diet and getting information to my doctor for yearly checkups. It is highly customizable and has never crashed. I have been using it since 2012 almost daily (I just upgraded to 2.0).
My only criticism is there are no fields for Vitamin K and the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats. These are very important parts of a modern diet. It should be easy to chart them as with monounsaturated fats, zinc, etc. They are also in the USDA database which DietController uses. I've never gotten a response to them about these important fields. Hopefully they are working on it. If they had these fields, it would get a full five stars.