Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DietController is a calorie counter and diet diary.
Record the foods you eat in an easy to use spreadsheet that counts your calories and other nutrients.
Keep track of your food intake, exercise and body measurements throughout your diet.
* Spreadsheet style logging of food data, type directly into the food log.
Log food intake by:
1) Clicking on the relevant meal line.
2) Start typing food name to show dropdown of matching foods, choose food, press Tab to advance to quantity field,
3) Enter quantity, press Tab to open a new line and advance ready for the next entry.
Undo, redo, cut, copy and paste supported.
Alter log entries by simply selecting the cell and typing the new value.
* Smart search, searches as you type, shows the most likely items first (order takes into account your favorites and foods used before).
* Converts between different units, log food intake using g, oz, lb and various portion sizes (examples: 12g, 1.5oz, 2slices, .5pie).
* Add new food definitions on the fly (if you cannot find a food in the database, you can quickly create a new food definition).
* Create new foods from lists of ingredients (recipes).
* Create menus (lists of foods, e.g. 'My Cereal Breakfast') for fast entry of multiple items in a single operation.
* Tracks Calories and 31 Nutrients.
* USDA based food database, over 7,000 foods with multiple portion sizes.
* Include exercise in your daily calorie equation, 200+ exercise database.
* Manage a list of food favorites.
* Weight and body measurement tracking.
* Create charts and reports of your data.
* Customizable, change nutrient columns, colors...
* Backup and restore your database.
* Export data to comma separated (.csv) files for import into a spreadsheet.
* Supports multiple users all sharing the same food database.
* Does not require internet access.
* Keep your Calorie counter data private (on your own Mac), password protect your data.
The tools and information in DietController are intended as an aid to dieting, and do not offer medical advice.
This software is not intended for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or for any person under the age of 18.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
* Added menu option to save charts as png images
* Added menu option to save reports as html files
Not available on iPad
Great application. It is a little time consuming putting in nutrient information of specific foods one eats. The good news is, once the information is posted, it is there to stay and very easy to access. The program automatically does the math conversions for you and calcualtes the nutritional values accordingly. Was looking forward to documenting the food weights directly into the iPad. VERY Disappointed because it is not available on the iPad. It would be much easier with a mobile device at your fingertips. Currently, I am weighing my food, writing the information down and then loading it into my computer, that is, when I can get back to my computer.
Good for the most part.
I use this program for it’s calorie breakdown features and exercise caluclation. It works wonders but I do not have a “diet” goal. I have a FITNESS goal. I would appreciate an option in the User preferences and goals section that doesn’t REQUIRE me to put a WEIGHT LOSS goal in mind. I would like to be able to use this solely to chart and track my intake and caloric output. My fitness goals are about burning excess fat and building lean muscle, there is no TARGET number and frankly, nobody should have a target number. That is an unhealthy and incredibly unrealistic idea that is consistently perpetuated in American culture.
Please, create an option that opts out of a target weight goal.
It works well for me
The interface is a bit busy, but it’s very adaptable; it allows entry of odd things I eat that aren’t necessarily in anyone’s database. There are plenty of bells and whistles if you want them, but if you don’t you can use as much or as little as you need to to keep on track.
This is helping me lose weight and eat healthy.
I haven’t needed anything from tech support, because it just works. Best $5 I ever spent on an app.