Digest Aware tracks your meals in respect to over 30 nutrients (macros, minerals and vitamins) and displays your data in 3D charts that makes super easy to analyze your consumption in a glance.
- Optimal intake is calculated by given body profile and goals according to USDA recommendations.
- All your nutrients can be recorded to your IPhone's Health App
- Track following:
- PRAL (Potential Renal Acid Load) Acidity / Alkalinity of Foods
- Protein / Fat / Carbs / Fiber / Saturated Fatty Acid / Cholesterol / Water
- Vitamin A / Vitamin C / Vitamin D / Vitamin B6 / Vitamin B12 / Vitamin E / Vitamin K / Thiamine / Riboflavin / Folate / Niacin / Choline / Pantothenic Acid
- Calcium / Magnesium / Copper / Iron / Manganese / Phosphorus / Potassium / Selenium / Sodium / Zinc
- Scan food barcodes to input foods
- Analyze your daily, weekly, monthly intake to make corrections for a fully balanced diet
- Advanced search allows you to find foods, meals, recipes based on nutrient criteria with up to 6 nutrition filters
- Learn fundamental food combining rules to avoid fermentation during digestion
- Get a suggested sequence to consume your meal in order to conserve energy; crucial when one is ill
- Share your recipes and get rewarded when others download or review them
- Get notifications, reminders, about your daily and monthly nutrient deficiencies and activities in community about your recipes
App can be used for free by collecting Ad Credits when watching full screen video ads or upon downloads of your recipes. Credits are deducted at time of selecting foods and recipes. One time in app purchase eliminates the need for dealing with Ad Credits
Step by step tooltips introduce and explain all features of the app
WHY ALKALINE DIET
Alkaline diet is crucial in obtaining and maintaining optimal health or heal certain chronic diseases. Diets high in acid can lead to arthritis, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel disorders, and even cancer. Practicing alkaline rich diet can strengthen bones. Our body functions best when the body’s PH level is slightly alkaline. Many bodily processes produce acid residues like digestion for example. How can we take control? Healthy diet is the key.
MEASURE YOUR FOOD INTAKE
This application will help you to measure your food intake as far as how acidic or alkaline it is by a unit called “PRAL” (Potential Renal Acid Load). If this value is negative then we are talking about an alkaline food, positive value represents acidic food. The app provides a PRAL value for each food item based on food and its weight. A total PRAL is calculated for your complete meal. Daily suggested PRAL value as sum of all meals during the day should be between -35 and -15. Some meals could be acidic but aim for alkaline in total.
COMBINE FOODS THAT WORK FOR YOU, REMOVE THE ONES THAT DON’T
Conserve energy at all cost. Combining foods in a meal that promotes full digestion. Some foods require different enzymes for digestion than others, when this bad combining happens, food ferments, produces alcohol and acetic acid (toxins). Energy is wasted that could be used for repairing organs, healing, or just feeling great. The app grades the meal composition with “GOOD”, “FAIR”, “POOR” and “BAD” flags, furthermore food items relation to all other items are explored and explained in detail.
We understand it takes great discipline to combine properly, as a backup plan to reserve energy there is another way with sequential eating. If let’s say six different kind of foods are eaten in a meal separately in a sequence then layers are created in our stomach which then need different kind of enzymes to be digested without interfering with each other. As a layer is digested (in the order based on their digestion time) it gives room for the next layer and the stomach size gets smaller and more comfortable. We do not recommend having more than six kind of foods eaten in a single meal.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.