Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"App Store Best of 2013, 2014" - Apple
Digg delivers the most interesting and talked-about stories on the Internet. Powered by social signals and old-fashioned human judgment, our editors turn the Internet's vast and cacophonous flood of articles, blog posts, magazine pieces, status updates, photos, and videos into the elegant and endlessly engrossing mix known as Digg. And now the new Digg Reader is a simple, powerful, and speedy way to follow your favorite sources and publishers.
◆ Introducing Digg Video! Everything you need to see.
◆ Digg Reader — a fast, clean, and simple real-time reading app.
◆ Find and follow your favorite online publishers, writers, and bloggers.
◆ Digg your favorite stories and share them via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
◆ Save stories to read later on Digg, Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability.
◆ Full iOS 7 support, including Dynamic Type & Background App Refresh.
◆ VoiceOver support for the blind and visually impaired.
"The Best iOS ... Apps of 2013" - TechCrunch
"And now, with no warning, it's back—and it's beautiful." - Gizmodo
“Digg captures a snapshot of all of the Web’s hottest streams. Then it presents a smart, gorgeous, editorially coherent digest of what’s popular online.” - Slate
"Digg doesn't suck anymore." - Ben Parr, CNET
Have a suggestion? Trouble with our app?
Email us: email@example.com
Talk to us on Twitter: @DiggSupport
What's New in Version 5.6.0
- new & improved Digg Deeper design
- added support for saving to Pinboard and Delicious
- bug fixes and improvements
Good but with some annoyances
In general I like this app. It serves its purpose but there are two gripes I have that make me not want to use it.
1. I subscribe to text heavy news articles. So when I open an item on my list, the next screen shows a snippet of the full article. I then have to click the "view on [website] at the end of the snippet the process of reading things becomes very annoying. I wish there was a way to go directly into the source article from the reading list.
2. When returning to the reading list after finishing an article it frequently puts me back to the top of the list instead of retaining my position. I then have to scroll down to find my place in the reading list again.
These two problems are very annoying to me and make the experience kind of frustrating. Hopefully they fix these issues. Also, like someone else mentioned, it would be nice if this was a native app instead of an HTML app.
My Favorite App
I have been using this app for about a year now. It's great being able to choose the stories that are of interest to me with the little heading above the pictures. I have read so many in-depth articles as well as funny or light articles on various topics. There's something of interest for everyone. The wide variety of subjects they cover is what made this my favorite app.
Bug - signs out of services
I really like this app. However, twice in the last week it's logged me out of Pocket Read-It-Later, which is a hassle and really frustrating. I'm not sure what's going on, but if you like to save articles for later reading, or use Dogg's Services plugin, I'd hold off until this issue gets fixed. Hopefully soon.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 01, 2014
- Version: 5.6.0
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Digg Inc.
- © 2014 News.me, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.